Summer transfer window 2023

Just switched on ToffeeTV live, which isn't my bag at all.

Beckham and Ronaldo shirts on the wall. When did they play for Everton?

Their switching between everton only transfer shows and general transfer show for their other channel today.

Id imagine thats why those shirts are up as they are usually everton related tops.

Is that James Vaughan's remit?

I would imagine his remit is to find the loans, orgnaise appropriate loans and monitor development of those loans. Not sure he's particularly involved in the deal itself.

I've no idea to confirm tho, perhaps he does. I just imagine he touts out the club that would be suitable and then those who do negotiating do so.

Bring in Wharton + Sulemana

…Sulemana would be really good. Swapping him for Iwobi would be a tick for Thelwell, especially given Iwobi’s contract situation. I know I criticise Iwobi but we’ll miss his running power in possession. We saw at Doncaster how the game changed when Gueye progressed upfield with the ball, Sulemana is a terrific runner.

Not getting my hopes up but that’s the one I‘d really like to happen.

Yes I was surprised at the latest Saudi news as he has a couple of sons with two ex's, the one he co parents so unless he taking the ex with him and setting her up somewhere over there or, I suppose on that money he could fly back every couple of weeks on his days off
You make some very good points. From what I can gather you can't just settle in Saudi Arabia. You have a work visa and when that's expired you're out of there. My son works out there. You can't just emigrate unless you have something they want, such as if you're a nurse or whatever.

So I was equally surprised.

Very sceptical about how we have left all these outs to the final few hours of the window

Certainly think I know where this is going
I guess Iwobi is more about Fulhams late needs than anything.

Maupay was 'needed' until we got Beto and perhaps Danjuma and Kermit have shown enough.

Cannon can also go following Beto.

I am also cynical though - seems some of them could have been done in advance.