Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my mates who’s a Hammers fan said that one of the itks on that site reckoned that clubs were asking for solid assurances that they were going to get their money in any structured deals as clubs are worried we are going to go pop 😂
I've heard that too. It's a genuine thing up and down the country. It's a known fact that TV money and transfer income is being used to run the club on a day-to-day basis.

I've heard from several places that administration is likely. I didn't follow it up in any detail as I can't be arsed. It's depressing enough following the squad and transfers without getting into all that. But a lot of the football world seem to think we are about to go bust according to rumours.

It's hard to believe they would target a player who's be publicly unavailable for weeks, I know Gnonto agent probably kept pushing and promising things, but still feels like we have massively missed the mark. Let's not forget, if Jack Harrison wasn't injured he likely goes to a different team

I would imagine we'd know by now if there was something in the offing.

Few things which maybe won't be appreciated while everyone is losing their minds:

1) There was a load of abuse aimed at Thelwell in January when we didn't sign anyone with the Gordon money. Given we now know that the Gordon money was never available to spend in the first place, I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume that the same is true of the Iwobi/Cannon/etc money.

2) Before today, the window has actually been better than I anticipated. The Beto deal and the addition of two new wingers were more than I expected from this regime.

3) Given Iwobi is going, Gray needs to be integrated back into the fold. Dele Alli also needs to be seriously considered as an option.
I would not be surprised of point 3 is disregarded completely.

I've heard that too. It's a genuine thing up and down the country. It's a know fact that TV money and transfer income is being used to run the club on a day-to-day basis.

I've heard from several places that administration is likely. I didn't follow it up in any detail as I can't be arsed. It's depressing enough following the squad and transfers without getting into all that. But a lot of the football world seem to think we are about to go bust according to rumours.

imagine it’s the end

That isn't really what he said though
1693592787908.webp

“we have all our efforts to gnonto”

so we had no time and we knew leeds would say f off
Yeah it reeks of an excuse by the board. It could be true and we just trigger the Sule clause last minute but it’s like everyone said earlier- the club is more concerned with staying afloat than they are of making progress. They will only sign someone if it is ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back