Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Summer transfer window 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just know, dear transfer thread virgins, that I’m sat here feeding off your existential pain. The targets you personally scouted, the solutions to Everton’s problems you personally fixed, the excel sheet tallying how much Everton have to spend, it all counted for nothing. And now you’ve got four whole months of not pretending to be a Poundland DOF you pitiful weevils.

Doesn’t look like Everton are signing anyone else lads.

Everyone has the next four months of pretending to be a Poundland CFO to fill the void.

So we sign no more players as we have no cash, even though we've brought in funds over this window while spending near zero upfront.
The squad will be bare bones.
What will change come next summer when we have Danjuma, Harrison, Doucoure, Gana, Coleman, Young, Gomes, Gray all out of contract.
We will have no cash to replace and have a squad of about a dozen senior players.
What happens then?
We can't wait until the stadium is built before getting Mosh to sell up, he needs to be pressured out of the club now before it's too far gone.
We're down either this year or the next with moshiri in charge...this year with luck on the injury front we may be just about ok, next year though with barely been able to put a first 11 out, and no money to bring players, sounds very much like the end of the road. Maybe Moshiri is hoping to bring in investment in time for next summer.

To be fair, I’m not sure what people want here. I’m not bothered one bit about Sky Sports transfer deadline day. Makes me wonder whether some people would have rather we waited as a club and announced Beto today. If we sign nobody today then I think we’ve done exactly what we have all been asking for years.

Get rid of loads of deadwood, sign decent, hungry, youngish (no pun intended) players and finally sign a striker. I don’t think anyone can moan at this. The aim of the season is to stay in the league again, get the ffp stuff sorted and hopefully go again in the summer. That’s just the way it is.
Yep, we have spent out money.
If we turned around at the end iof last season and said. We will get a new striker, a promising kid who plays striker, loan in 2 wide forwards, get rid of some fringe players for ok money, get rid of Maupay, sell Iwobi for £20m🤯. Brought in Young, who had a decent season last season. Kept Branthwaite. We would have all gone, splendid. What a great window.

Before you pull someone up on their punctuation, I'd proof read my reply to them first mate.
Anyhoo, I have to be up at 4am tomorrow, does anyone think it's worth staying up till 11 tonight?
Give me anything please lads and lasses.

Shhhhh… also. Good point. lol

Don’t stay up. If we do anything, it’ll be more like 1am until we know 100%.

Last minute deal sheets and all that. If we don’t get anyone then 🤷🏻‍♂️

Brings me genuine pain that despite my very best attempts at antagonism, absolutely no one batters an eyelid at it anymore. Back in the day I’d now have ten bogeys on my tail being led a dance into their ultimate doom. Well done, I suppose GOT.

Still time for a late move here lads keep the faith.

When does the January transfer window thread open? It’s going to be dull without exciting transfer targets to talk about once this window slams shut :oops:

we're f*****.

Brings me genuine pain that despite my very best attempts at antagonism, absolutely no one batters an eyelid at it anymore. Back in the day I’d now have ten bogeys on my tail being led a dance into their ultimate doom. Well done, I suppose GOT.

Still time for a late move here lads keep the faith.
your reputation precedes you these days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back