Summer transfer window 2023

Asset-stripping.
If it is, it’s been done fairly gingerly with a vague attempt at staying up. He could have forced sales of Pickford, Onana, Branthwaite and I guess a nearly fit Dom and raked in over £100mill.

Selling Iwobi in his final year when he refused a new contract and this week “expressed his desire to leave” (so effectively became a salary earning albatross) and then not replacing is very very clumsy and stupid, but hardly raping and pillaging the club.

Nothing about this utter cesspit of a club makes me happy, my friend. Signing players for the sake of padding out the squad isn’t the answer to our problems, though.

And my point isn’t even that we shouldn’t sign any more players; I’m just bored by the cryarses on here that start the window moaning that we’re not moving quick enough, then denounce any signing we DO make, and cap it off by acting like we’ve done nothing because we’ve signed nobody on the last day of the window.

We’ve made sensible signings that, Chermiti aside, could immediately improve us. We’ve got rid of a fair bit of crap and improved our wage bill in the process. Happy with the club? No. Happy with the window? Meh. Disaster of a window? Not in the least.
Improved in areas but key positions cb one injury and well its a mess. Attack has improved gray staying with mcneil harrison danjuma is fine with me, gomes added to the cm xould offer something big risk but maybe. Is the defence for me just need get lucky with injuries, i just didnt want to take any chances again i wanted us with cover in all positions

Couple of free agents for us;

Eden Hazard to link up with Dele

Can’t argue with a word of that. Your man suggested the current ownership have stripped the business of its assets, though.

Losing a chunk of the first team squad for nothing because they were so dire during the term of their contracts that we couldn’t flog them, does not constitute asset stripping. It’s simply the consequences of our awful transfer actions.

To be clear, I’m not unaware of, or ambivalent towards our plight next year, but in our current plight we can’t afford - financially or otherwise - to look beyond the end of our noses.

The Gordon money and the cash from today's sales has just came in without any reinvestment. So I don't know what exactly constitutes asset stripping, but the last two windows have saw money come in and not go on improving the squad. As a result the squad is not fit for purpose.

I don't know what the correct terminology is for that, but it's an absolute disgrace and Moshiri must go.

What a useless post. Let's just forget the people responsible for this eh. You're of those "no matter how bad they've created this mess let's not blame". Sick of it
Who said anything about forgetting them? Just believe in saving my energy for the battles worth fighting and changing the past isn’t one of them.

I also try to look at things objectively and see both sides of the debate. Ranting and moaning rarely achieved anything but if that’s what you want to do then good luck with that.

Moshiri has spent millions upon millions and whilst he’s got it horribly wrong, I don’t think it’s right to vilify the guy. He’s been a fool but he’s no Mike Ashley.

What if any impact might any of this perceived inactivity have on Dele Alli? Given the squad numbers and how important Harrison and McNeill clearly are, his ability even as compromised as he's been for four years mentally, is undoubted and surely someone has thought they can get a tune out of him and just pay Spurs the 10m owed after a few more games if it can help to ensure the club's survival? I know it's risk heavy but he's a bloody brilliant footballer if he can only be drawn out once more.