Summer transfer window 2023

Certainly no issue with Maupay and Iwobi leaving.

However....let's say it's a front three going forward of McNeill-Beto-Danjuma which is the clear plan.

There's still to me a credible alternative on bench if DCL isn't around which is more likely than not these days.

West Ham had all of Kudus, Ings and Cornet on the bench so I do worry the squad is still very thin in final third and basically seem to be relying on Jack Harrison to be this amazing gamechanger off the bench. Or the young Portuguese guy.

Perhaps Gray will eventually get re-integrated but then the Middle east window runs until mid September so will probably end up there eventually.

Absolutely fed up tonight my friend - I honestly don't understand the reasoning behind our activities today

Spent all summer pursuing attaching options and on deadline day sold 3 attackers without bringing anyone in

Somebody from the club needs to come out tomorrow and explain what has happened today
Just everton unfortunately something we have been getting alot recent windows. Wont hear a thing from them all still hiding, will just hide behind the beto deal now. This club wont say anything

Beto doesn't create.
Danjuma is unproven.

I hope you're right though.
What a weird thing to say after watching him play 45 minutes of football.

He should have had assist if linesman wasn't blind too.

And I can see him holding up the ball for other attackers to be slipped in.

Starting 11 wise I think we actually might be better off after the window.

Danjuma goals/assists wise will probably offer more than Iwobi.

Beto will be an upgrade on Maupay (a lamppost would be an upgrade on Maupay)

Hopefully Jack Harrison can offer more than Gray who was pretty mediocre.

McNeil to come back in too and he was huge towards end of last season. Would like to see him whipping balls onto Beto's head.

It's just our depth that sucks bad. Few injuries and we could be struggling.

But were better upfront and wide areas than we was before probably.

Summer Window

In:
Gomes (Loan Return)
Dele (Loan Return)
Branthwaite (Loan Return)
Young
Chermiti
Danjuma (Loan)
Harrison (Loan)
Beto

Out:
Mina
Coady
Townsend
Davies
Begovic
Simms
Iwobi
Gbamin
Cannon
Warrington (Loan)
Mills (Loan)
Holgate (Loan)
Maupay (Loan)

Are we stronger now than before the window?
DCL + Beto + Chermiti + Danjuma is surely a stronger and better set of attackers than DCL + Maupay + Simms, as for the rest you could argue both sides.

Dyche only played Mina 4 times, Coady he barely gave a look in to, Davies was a late-game sub here and there, Townsend and Begovic didn't feature, Gbamin wasn't wanted, Holgate and Simms had a few run outs between them, Cannon and Warrington and Mills were not in his plans and Maupay actually weakened the attack every time he was given a run out. There's only really Iwobi out of that list who is typically a starter, and even then what does he actually bring other than running around a lot because it's not many goals or assists.

You could make a case for both sides but I think for a team that is playing once a week, no European football and no doubt soon to be out the league cup, the squad is about exactly what you'd expect it to look like and I think the club would call it a "good window" over all.

Certainly no issue with Maupay and Iwobi leaving.

However....let's say it's a front three going forward of McNeill-Beto-Danjuma which is the clear plan.

There's still to me a credible alternative on bench if DCL isn't around which is more likely than not these days.

West Ham had all of Kudus, Ings and Cornet on the bench so I do worry the squad is still very thin in final third and basically seem to be relying on Jack Harrison to be this amazing gamechanger off the bench. Or the young Portuguese guy.

Perhaps Gray will eventually get re-integrated but then the Middle east window runs until mid September so will probably end up there eventually.
I'd expect Gray to be off to Saudi next week. Chermiti showed in the week that he has a lot of developing to do, so lets hope he comes on fast enough to make a positive contribution this season. Dom will likely be in and out injured if his record continues so its basically on Beto for the goals. Danjuma, McNeil and Harrison between them can also contribute but we still don't have the depth that most squads have. We wont have many plan B options off the bench anyhow.

What a weird thing to say after watching him play 45 minutes of football.

He should have had assist if linesman wasn't blind too.

And I can see him holding up the ball for other attackers to be slipped in.

Starting 11 wise I think we actually might be better off after the window.

Danjuma goals/assists wise will probably offer more than Iwobi.

Beto will be an upgrade on Maupay (a lamppost would be an upgrade on Maupay)

Hopefully Jack Harrison can offer more than Gray who was pretty mediocre.

McNeil to come back in too and he was huge towards end of last season. Would like to see him whipping balls onto Beto's head.

It's just our depth that sucks bad. Few injuries and we could be struggling.

But were better upfront and wide areas than we was before probably.
I was responding to the previous post suggesting we have more creativity now. I said it's impossible to be confident in that comment.

Again, I hope we do have a lot more creativity but only time will tell. You even say probably yourself for that reason. On paper, I agree, but let's wait and see (and pray)!

Who said we’re scraping around.? Not one reliable source has even said we we’re in for anybody today. People linking snide Twitter links all day from pages with 60 followers talking absolute crap isn’t what’s going on.
Well said and spot on (not that it stops most people taking every thing they can find on Twitter as gospel).

I'd expect Gray to be off to Saudi next week. Chermiti showed in the week that he has a lot of developing to do, so lets hope he comes on fast enough to make a positive contribution this season. Dom will likely be in and out injured if his record continues so its basically on Beto for the goals. Danjuma, McNeil and Harrison between them can also contribute but we still don't have the depth that most squads have. We wont have many plan B options off the bench anyhow.

Yep as said above going to be continual rotten benches of two keepers, Keane and Godfrey, Myko/Young, a CM in semi retirment and then Onyango, Dobbin, Chermiti all tasked with trying to change a prem game from hour mark.

That said has Dyche even made four changes in a game yet so he's one of those managers that rightly or wrongly backs the starting 11 to get through pretty much all of the game unless injured.