Summer transfer window 2023

People can talk about down payments, cash up front, staggered payments, different years, whatever they want, but these are the cold hard facts.

All figures are estimations and are not accurate, this im aware.

Gordon 45m
Kean 27m
ISS 4m
Niels 5.5m
Iwobi 22m
Cannon 7m
Simms 7m
Stones Clause 2.5m

120m Incoming

Beto 26m
Chermo 12m
Danjuma 3m

41m Outgoing

I guess thats what a fire sale looks like.
Profit of 80m?
Factor in the wages shaved and the figure will be close to 100m.

keep the faith!
The harsh reality is recruitment in recent years has been abysmal and it was always going to take a few tough transfer windows to even attempt to

point the ship in the right direction.

Can’t just keep pumping money into players when we aren’t in a position to.

This window has been massively successful in getting rid of a lot of dead wood on big wages. While also managing to strengthen the team somehow - it’s a decent outcome based on where we are financially. Avoiding Adams, overpaying for Gnotto etc. all wise choices too.

We’ll be ok this season, and look back at this window as being a success from a business point of view… I think. Lol
The squad is not strengthened and we hung on by our fingertips last season and other teams have improved. So many disillusioned people is beyond me
Absolute disgrace. A laughing stock at this stage if I was dyche even though I dont think his the man for the job I would leave in the morning .
Pure miracle if

Absolute disgrace. A laughing stock at this stage if I was dyche even though I dont think his the man for the job I would leave in the morning .
Pure miracle if these stay up this season. 3 out none in on a thin thread squad.
ZatAra hasn't a clue, state of you sticking a middle finger up than having a conversation. Not a clue.

Wonder if we’ll be looking at any of these on short term deals, probably wouldn’t be the most terrible thing. I would assume basically any over 30s will be heading to the Middle East but there’s probably something we could get for the squad, Tuanzebe for example is probably an improvement on Keane and Godfrey.

I’m well aware that I’ve probably never been more grasping at straws in regards to us signing a player but for as much as the club has apparently said we don’t want bodies for the sake of it I simply can’t accept a season with 2 keepers on the bench and not even 9 subs named.
There will no doubt be free agents that would improve the squad, but that doesn't mean any deals for them will happen. They might not want to come, they might want contracts we aren't willing to offer in terms of length or money, or they simply might not be wanted by Thelwell/Dyche. Dyche has said before he doesn't want bodies for the sake of it, and KT/SD might be quite content with how the squad is as it stands without the need make-do freebies.

The players are assets whether you rate them as footballers or not. If we’ve sold players off to pay for a stadium that Moshiri started building even though he couldn’t afford it, then that’s asset stripping.

Can’t argue with a word of that. Your man suggested the current ownership have stripped the business of its assets, though.

Losing a chunk of the first team squad for nothing because they were so dire during the term of their contracts that we couldn’t flog them, does not constitute asset stripping. It’s simply the consequences of our awful transfer actions.

To be clear, I’m not unaware of, or ambivalent towards our plight next year, but in our current plight we can’t afford - financially or otherwise - to look beyond the end of our noses.

If it is, it’s been done fairly gingerly with a vague attempt at staying up. He could have forced sales of Pickford, Onana, Branthwaite and I guess a nearly fit Dom and raked in over £100mill.

Selling Iwobi in his final year when he refused a new contract and this week “expressed his desire to leave” (so effectively became a salary earning albatross) and then not replacing is very very clumsy and stupid, but hardly raping and pillaging the club.

The Gordon money and the cash from today's sales has just came in without any reinvestment. So I don't know what exactly constitutes asset stripping, but the last two windows have saw money come in and not go on improving the squad. As a result the squad is not fit for purpose.

I don't know what the correct terminology is for that, but it's an absolute disgrace and Moshiri must go.

Appreciate the clarification, thank you.

If that is indeed the case, then we’ve sold players (assets) to build a stadium (an asset). We all know that this situation hasn’t arisen in the space of 1 or 2 transfer windows. The monumental bath we’ve taken on transfer dealings has left us where we are.

The perfect storm of having our sugar daddy shut down, aforementioned transfer fiasco and having to address the highest wage/turnover ratio in the league has left us on the bones of our proverbial. Despite that, we’ve not done nothing in the window. We’ve arguably got a better first 13/14 players now than this time last year. Absolutely we’re vulnerable to injuries and suspensions but alas, that’s the nature of the beast. Maybe we’ll get lucky for once*

*We almost certainly will not

No argument here.

We’ve lost money hand over fist for years, though, so whether the cash is plugging the leaky bucket or being used to fund another asset in the stadium, it’s all a consequence of continued financial mismanagement. Not satisfactory, nor an excuse for how poor our squad is, but just the facts.

The stadium is an asset that will sit on the balance sheet in fixed assets right next to the players. It’s reorganising funds from one asset to another (e.g. you can put your cash, which is an asset in itself, into property, stock to sell, investments etc etc or leave as cash).

The problem with a football club is that he’s chosen to build a big shiny steel asset (using cash the company doesn’t have - doesn’t matter if he has the cash) in the hope that it creates more revenue which allows more P&S spending and generates cash that can be spent. But that has diverted cash away from the most important asset of all, the players. A football club nowadays is dead if the on pitch asset is crap.

I honestly wouldn’t call it asset stripping. It’s massive, gross mismanagement, showing massive naivety about sport and sport financing. He completely blew millions on the playing asset in a flurry of excitement and it failed hugely. As a side project run by a total amateur, he tried to build the stadium. The borrowings for which far outweigh the cost of any individual players salary. It was too late. The balance between funds tied up in the property and the funds available for players has left us with a dirty dirty squad, and no way out. Hemmed in by his own reluctance, but mainly P&S restrictions.

Viscious circle now, as if the players send us down, his stadium dream is knackered.

Apologies for using the word asset 637744 times.

A: Asset = Stadium
B: Assets = Players

How is it asset stripping to sell players in order to build a stadium?

What an absolutely stupid and mind blowing thought process lol

A proper head shaking, open mouthed moment.

Morning Toffees.

@Zatara you horrendous clout chaser; when you wake up I’ll save you the hassle of multi quoting everyone and searching for new stories like crack fiend looking for a hit

We did not sign any of your 1000 youth prodigies, nor did we try.

We shut up at 7pm

Hope yer ma wasnt too sad that Iwobi wasnt around for tea time.

:p

It is funny because we've sold players people don't like and don't want playing for us and replaced them but it'll still not be enough.

The squad is more than good enough to be comfortably lower mid-table and the only reason it won't be is the man coaching the team every week if it goes that way.

Totally agree

People can talk about down payments, cash up front, staggered payments, different years, whatever they want, but these are the cold hard facts.

All figures are estimations and are not accurate, this im aware.

Gordon 45m
Kean 27m
ISS 4m
Niels 5.5m
Iwobi 22m
Cannon 7m
Simms 7m
Stones Clause 2.5m

120m Incoming

Beto 26m
Chermo 12m
Danjuma 3m

41m Outgoing

I guess thats what a fire sale looks like.

Calendar year is a bit strange to use as we made signings last summer so makes more sense just to count those deals this window and the last two windows separately?

A bean counter has spoken, “what’s the bare minimum we can get through this season with and still stay up”

If we’re struggling in December, roll the dice again in January.

Calendar year is a bit strange to use as we made signings last summer so makes more sense just to count those deals this window and the last two windows separately?
We made signings last summer, which we funded with Richarlisons sale.

We sold Gordon in January, we didnt spend a penny then, so in normal circumstances that money should still be "there".

It seems not.

I dont expect that money to ever appear either.

80m will just disappear into the aether.

Morning Toffees.

Totally agree

Zatara you are a hal

Morning Toffees.

Totally agree

@Zatara YOU ARE A CLOWN THAT KNOWS DAMN ALL BUT YOU THINK YOU A MR KNOW IT ALL

We sold Gordon in January, we didnt spend a penny then, so in normal circumstances that money should still be "there".

It seems not.

To be honest we may be saddled with installment up to 25m this summer

Maupet
Mcneil
Onana
Gana
Garner

But still we should have enough to sign players on installments this window.

A bean counter has spoken, “what’s the bare minimum we can get through this season with and still stay up”

If we’re struggling in December, roll the dice again in January.
That is entirely the philosophy of the football club right now because it's entirely where we are at. The only objective is to retain Prem status, 17th is job done, and this squad really should be good enough to achieve that. You would hope any money the club has available to spend that wasn't spent today on 3rd or 4th or 8th choice options for the sake of it will be available in January when the primary transfer targets might possibly be available.

To be honest we may be saddled with installment up to 25m this summer

Maupet
Mcneil
Onana
Gana
Garner

But still we should have enough to sign players on installments this window.
We are probably still making payments on the players we signed 21/22, but thats a long and winding road that I dont wish to cross.

Including full add ons

5 Ins
Beto £25.8mil
Chermiti £15mil
Danjuma £3mil loan
Young OOC
Harrison loan

=£43.8mil

14.Outs
Kean £25mil
Iwobi £22mil
Cannon £7.5mil
Simms £8mil
Nkounkou £4mil
Maupay loan
Holgate loan
Mina OOC
Begovic OOC
Davies OOC
Gbamin OOC
Townsend OOC
Coady OOC
Vinagre OOC

Total = £66.5mil
+ huge saving on wages

It seems not.

I think we spent more than we sold last summer so wont be a huge difference.

Just disappointed Gomes and Gray werent punted to complete the donkey removal.

Including full add ons

5 Ins
Beto £25.8mil
Chermiti £15mil
Danjuma £3mil loan
Young OOC
Harrison loan

=£43.8mil

14.Outs
Kean £25mil
Iwobi £22mil
Cannon £7.5mil
Simms £8mil
Nkounkou £4mil
Maupay loan
Holgate loan
Mina OOC
Begovic OOC
Davies OOC
Gbamin OOC
Townsend OOC
Coady OOC
Vinagre OOC

Total = £66.5mil
+ huge saving on wages
And the Gordon money goes where? You just forget about that do you?