Summer Transfer Window - Credible Rumours Only Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dann is equality as good as Jagielka

If we or someone else bid £8m for Jags you would laugh your head off but you think we will sell Dann for peanuts?

Scott Dann is a scouser but he is a massive liverpool fan, its not him that wants to move back home, its his misses.

Everton are a bigger club but if you want to prize him away it will take alot of money, our chairman doesnt sell players on the cheap, recently our chairman listed Dann in his all time palace 11, he really raves about him, our last top player we sold was Zaha for £15m, we would want atleast that if not more.

I would cry if we spent 15m on Scott Dann.

Posting this here cause i'm banned from the Del thread. People arguing about him not producing or whatever, look how well he done when he started games.

Position Apps Goals Assists Rating
AMR 10 1 7 7.45
Sub 10 0 0 6.18

His dribbling stats also show that he completes more succesful dribbles per game than most top wingers.

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/98317/Show/Gerard-Deulofeu

No idea why you're banned from the Deulofeu thread but stating that as a reason for posting in here wasn't a great idea mate !

After reading some of them comments I hope we sign Dann now

They certainly seem to rate him, personally think we need a quick CB though and Dann doesn't seem to meet that requirement.

Also based on some of their other comments, they seem a bit deluded and so we probably cannot trust their assessment of players too much.[/QUOTE]

Said this before what other so called quality CB's have crystal palace had in say the last 10 years to compare Dann with?

Sad to say but our fans must be very deluded to take them serious they probs only rate him so highly cos they have managed more than one season in the prem after being promoted, an in fairness that's more to do with their attacking players rather than their defensive ones

I wouldn't mind Dann for a reasonble price, but still think we're desperate for a Silva-esque number 10 who can play behind Rom and actually give the man some decent service.

No idea why you're banned from the Deulofeu thread but stating that as a reason for posting in here wasn't a great idea mate !

To be fair it's a worthwhile post, isn't it? Not exactly the same as some of the 'guff' that does get posted.

I wouldn't mind Dann for a reasonble price, but still think we're desperate for a Silva-esque number 10 who can play behind Rom and actually give the man some decent service.

To be fair it's a worthwhile post, isn't it? Not exactly the same as some of the 'guff' that does get posted.

Bit daft to say I'm banned from Thread A so I'll trot along to this one instead though, which kind of defeats the purpose of the first ban.

If he hadn't mentioned he was banned from the Del thread I wouldn't have given it a second thought. There's a lesson for posters there, don't try and be a smartarse when the mods are around !

After reading some of them comments I hope we sign Dann now

They certainly seem to rate him, personally think we need a quick CB though and Dann doesn't seem to meet that requirement.

Also based on some of their other comments, they seem a bit deluded and so we probably cannot trust their assessment of players too much.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes we need a centre back who can head a ball in his own six yard box while Tim Howard stands on his line bricking it.

Bit daft to say I'm banned from Thread A so I'll trot along to this one instead though, which kind of defeats the purpose of the first ban.

If he hadn't mentioned he was banned from the Del thread I wouldn't have given it a second thought. There's a lesson for posters there, don't try and be a smartarse when the mods are around !

Fair I suppose but at the same time he was justifying why it wasn't in the Del thread, with how it's been recently somebody may have piped up saying "del thread for that mate" etc.

Not arguing like just thought it was a useful post.

Mrs Dann who was heavily pregnant wasnt happy living in central london (no idea why they moved wanted to move their) she posted on her twitter about this 6 months ago, some folks who know a bit have said Scott missed a fair few days training because of it.

Since then they have moved and he said recently they had settled, he seems happy at Palace, he has talked about plans for next season and also said the dressing room moral is the best he has ever witnessed.

This is my own view but I get the impression than his wife would still prefer to move but he isnt that bothered, I dont think its a situation where he really wouldnt want to stay at Palace next season.

The only weakness is Danns game is he is very slow, it doesnt bother us as we play deep and on the counter but for a team like Everton who push their fullbacks right up I could see him being very exposed, he isnt the best in 1 vs 1 situations but for us he is brilliant and a good threat from set plays.

Do you not play him with a quicker partner to compensate like Mariappa?

I can't see SD leaving us tbh. Parish and Pards bloody love him (never mind the collective fume from our fans if he goes) and Parish has been talking a lot about losing the small club mentality. It'd take a lot of money.

I would cry if we spent 15m on Scott Dann.

I wouldn't.

I've been reading this thread since the rumours came out and some people's opinion of Dann are pretty funny. A terrible player, he is not.
Do you not play him with a quicker partner to compensate like Mariappa?

no, he plays with Delaney who is even slower

I can't see SD leaving us tbh. Parish and Pards bloody love him (never mind the collective fume from our fans if he goes) and Parish has been talking a lot about losing the small club mentality. It'd take a lot of money.

I wouldn't.

I've been reading this thread since the rumours came out and some people's opinion of Dann are pretty funny. A terrible player, he is not.

no, he plays with Delaney who is even slower
I don't think it'd take as much as you're thinking it would mate, with out disrespect to palace (who i like) you aren't a big club, compared to us, in any sense.

Dann is a scouser, if he wants to leave (he has stated to family many many times over the years he wants to play in north west) then he will leave, and it won't be for anywhere near 15m.

He isn't of that class, no matter how you feel with regards, all fans rate there players slightly higher than what they're actually worth, same with you with Dann.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back