summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sauce? Football Manager is known to be quite inaccurate when it comes to wages...

Rodwell is probably on no more than 40k a week. However, I would take him back easily, fantastic player when fit. I don't even believe he's been injured most of this season, Pellegrini just doesn't favor him and who could blame him when you consider what he's got available to him.
Hahaha.

Anyone else settle for exactly the same squad next year? Lukaku and Barry permanent, Deulofeu on loan if possible, maybe Traore, no outgoings except Kone?

I would - but it would be nice to see a net spend for a change and actually bring in another defensive midfielder

Being honest mate, if you could then say we'd use two added loan spots freed up for quality like we've loaned this year then i may well settle for that

Still got hopes for Tadic though, if i say it often enough then the universe may listen

I also somehow have talked myself into wanting both Rodwell and Gil in on loan and Cleverley in cheap as well, god knows why as all 3 could flop

No, tubey i wouldn't. I think we need four more players after the current squad if we want to be successful in europe and league.

Anyone else settle for exactly the same squad next year? Lukaku and Barry permanent, Deulofeu on loan if possible, maybe Traore, no outgoings except Kone?

I would - but it would be nice to see a net spend for a change and actually bring in another defensive midfielder

We need a number 8, why do you think we need another DM?

We have Gibson, Barry and McCarthy, we should only play 1 like yesterday and go 4-1-3-2.

I think we need a number 8/10 and another striker, IF we manage to retain Lukaku and Defus.

Hmm... maybe I'd accept it because I'd be buzzing with Lukaku, but I think Traore would have to be a cert and perm and a younger centre half.

Hmm... maybe I'd accept it because I'd be buzzing with Lukaku, but I think Traore would have to be a cert and perm and a younger centre half.

Thinking again i dont want traore in really, just think we could do better if were gonna loan a forward to back up /compliment lukaku (assuming he comes back)

Well if we bought Lukaku and lost nobody, I would accept it, but hopefully we have a little more in the kitty, I doubt it myself tho, think we will put all our eggs in the Lukaku basket and rightly so.

Thinking again i dont want traore in really, just think we could do better if were gonna loan a forward to back up /compliment lukaku (assuming he comes back)
1 game 1 goal. Didn't play particularly well...says it all. Oh and only 23 also.

We need a number 8, why do you think we need another DM?

We have Gibson, Barry and McCarthy, we should only play 1 like yesterday and go 4-1-3-2.

I think we need a number 8/10 and another striker, IF we manage to retain Lukaku and Defus.

Think Osman is around the squad for a while yet, Naismith can do a decent job in behind and Barkley is the starter for that role.

Gibson is made of delicate tissue paper and probably won't recover to be a top player again. That leaves Barry and McCarthy and we need depth to cover as Barry particularly looked gone in the legs a few weeks back - credit to him, he has recovered.

Martinez has already identified the area and he wants Rodwell - terrible choice IMO but for depth, so be it.

Don't need another striker if Traore stays and we sign Lukaku, especially with bloody Kone also around - we play a 1 striker system.

GK: Howard Robles
DEF: Coleman Hibbert Jagielka Stones Distin Alcaraz Baines Oviedo
CM: Osman Gibson McCarthy Barry
LM/RM: Mirallas Deulofeu McGeady Pienaar
CAM: Barkley Naismith
ST: Lukaku Kone Traore

Would be our squad (excluding youngsters) if Tubey's scenario would to happen.
Personally id like a Tadic type player to take the burden off Barkley.

I'd take it as long as we loaned a player to replace the Barry/Lukaku loans. Think we will sign Barry anyway and get a loan in, just depends if it is off City or Chelsea.

Anyone think we may get Moses on loan next season? Done nothing for RS but Martinez rated him and might fancy him again.

Think Osman is around the squad for a while yet, Naismith can do a decent job in behind and Barkley is the starter for that role.

Gibson is made of delicate tissue paper and probably won't recover to be a top player again. That leaves Barry and McCarthy and we need depth to cover as Barry particularly looked gone in the legs a few weeks back - credit to him, he has recovered.

Martinez has already identified the area and he wants Rodwell - terrible choice IMO but for depth, so be it.

Don't need another striker if Traore stays and we sign Lukaku, especially with bloody Kone also around - we play a 1 striker system.

Unless the plan is to drop Barkley alongside McCarthy more from next year mate, in which case attacking centre mid becomes much higher a priority

Also think their may be legs to the Baines in the DM roll as well - probably not until xmas or next year though with any regularity - and oviedo has to come back 100% before that's even entertained i reckon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back