summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barry is weighing up the option of a megabucks move to the United States with Manchester City’s New York franchise – who will compete in Major League Soccer from next year.

FROM THE MIRROR SO COULD BE RUBBISH

Think the weight of history says it will be rubbish mate, just a typical link to one of the team on the day of a massive game to try unsettle them like

Barry will be on his last legs next year -- seems to be knackered as playing every game.

Either way need a long term solution next to mccarthy

Or there leagues are that sh1t

Serie A maybe, although there is some decent teams in there these days, it's not just your obvious 3 of Juve, Inter & Milan competing for the league.

But the Bundesliga is ever growing and the German teams of late seem to be doing better than our English teams in the CL, so what does that say about our Premier League?

Barry is weighing up the option of a megabucks move to the United States with Manchester City’s New York franchise – who will compete in Major League Soccer from next year.

My Boss who is a season ticket holder (City) told me about this around 2-3 months ago

Something about them making him the club captain over there and giving him more money

Get your finger out of your Arse bill and get Barry signed up

If we have a chance to sign Lukaku, boy oh boy do we need to act immediately. I honestly think there aren't any better players who we could get to that striker position. Who are you guys who are not satisfied with Rom thinking about? He's been excellent all season long besides a small dip in form, but in the important games he's been a reliable one. And he's still very young. If we get into the CL and Chelsea are willing to sell, we need to break the bank if necessary. He would almost certainly turn out as a world class long term solution in the front line or if we can't offer regular CL football, we could sell him for even more. We couldn't make a mistake with him. Anyone from the Dutch league or whatever... please, don't.
Apart from that: 2 year deal for Barry, another loan for Deolufeu and try to get another couple of quality squad players for bargain prices.

Anyone else think that we should try and get rodwell back but not for cm and convert him to cb, like the plan was all along? I think he and stones would be a great pair of composed passing cb's and would take the av. age down in the position considerably.

Barry will be on his last legs next year -- seems to be knackered as playing every game.

Either way need a long term solution next to mccarthy

Russel Barks?

Anyone else think that we should try and get rodwell back but not for cm and convert him to cb, like the plan was all along? I think he and stones would be a great pair of composed passing cb's and would take the av. age down in the position considerably.

For under £3m he is worth the risk. Otherwise I'd have him on loan for versatile midfield poss CB cover

Chelsea bought him 2011, and anyone know the length of his contract, I hope his dream since 10 to play for Chelsea is over now.

Agree if he was FIT and could PLAY some games. He worse then Gibson.

Anyone reckon Moyes' training could've contributed to Rodwell becoming a glass man? I know there's a lot of blame being thrown at him over his training and RVP's injuries but it's a possibility.

Anyone reckon Moyes' training could've contributed to Rodwell becoming a glass man? I know there's a lot of blame being thrown at him over his training and RVP's injuries but it's a possibility.
It's possible, but unlikely. If it was down to his training methods, we would have had a lot more of them

Lukaku. Whatever he costs, we should move heaven and earth so sign him. Looking long term we would have -- Barkley, Stones, McCarthy and a relatively young Coleman. That is a tremendous spine to the team with a decade or so of football in it.

IF Rodwell could get passed his injuries I would risk bringing him in too.

Lukaku. Whatever he costs, we should move heaven and earth so sign him. Looking long term we would have -- Barkley, Stones, McCarthy and a relatively young Coleman. That is a tremendous spine to the team with a decade or so of football in it.

IF Rodwell could get passed his injuries I would risk bringing him in too.

Oviedo aswell who's only 23/24 is he, Gibson is only 26, people seem to forget about him. Weve got a really good mix i think and if Martinez can add to the quality aswell as reduce the age of the squad further, we could have a brilliant, youngish team/squad for the now and the future!

Barry will go to the US when he can no longer play at the highest level. We have seen this season that he is still a top class footballer at present and will probably stay in the premiership for another season or two.
Don't forget he is earning over 100k per week at present and if he stay at Everton will still earn probably 60k per week or more.
I don't think money would be a huge consideration for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back