Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In recent years, the club has taken a very rigorous approach to spending by cutting costs and refusing to grant contract extensions that are not in line with the club’s values and budget capabilities."

Seems to be a theme...

Well they were absolutely goosed on big contracts not so long ago and performing terribly on the field too. Admittedly sniffing around Antonee Robinson may have been cost cutting too far, but it seems to have worked out for them.

I dont think that’s even an option as a fixed price contract has already been signed with Laing O’Rourke.

Maybe wrong but isn't that cost price for what they need? If they want to amend the design, shrink capacity etc they still could but still pay cost price but for less material.

Well they were absolutely goosed on big contracts not so long ago and performing terribly on the field too. Admittedly sniffing around Antonee Robinson may have been cost cutting too far, but it seems to have worked out for them.

Oh yeah. Bagged a league but they're still the top 4 club's in the league. It's like saying Man United did we'll finishing 2nd or getting an FA Cup...still means they're ran horribly.

Maybe wrong but isn't that cost price for what they need? If they want to amend the design, shrink capacity etc they still could but still pay cost price but for less material.
You´d be adding delays and a whole lot of risk- almost certainly wouldn't be cost effective

Here we go then, because I obviously have nothing better to do.

I bloody hope not!

Maciek “M.G.” Kaminski

Talon Real Estate Holding Corp.

Accounts for 2016 & unaudited 2017.

To my untrained eyes it looks like the parent company purchases property using loans provided by subsidiary holdings.

hXajhG.md.png

^ You'll want to click that to see all the loans.

Talon First Trust, LLC actually defaulted on a massive loan not too long ago when they were taken to court by Gamma Lending Omega, LLC as they didn't pay the late payment fees.

From May 2012

From March 2011

bubu Moshiri appointed Benitez doh!!

@Saint Domingo

"In recent years, the club has taken a very rigorous approach to spending by cutting costs and refusing to grant contract extensions that are not in line with the club’s values and budget capabilities."

Seems to be a theme...
If there's any club in Europe we should be looking to for guidance on how to take a group of old, average and overpaid players and transform that into a younger squad full of potential, it's Milan.

And they've been run by a hedge fund btw - which just goes to show that the management matters just as much as the owner.

I think the worry is that if a buy out is leveraged by debt and we did fall out of the Premier League we could go the way of Derby and there may end up being no Everton.
If we had gone down that would likely have been the case so we might be in trouble either way, hopefully the yanks have money and it seems as if they do.

Reactions: JLW
I can understand this POV, but the worrying thing about this consortium is that they probably see the club simply as a money-making vehicle, like the Glazers etc.

I know you could make the same argument about Moshiri, but for all of his faults he still seems to show some consideration to the interests of the fanbase. I don't think you would get that from this group if they are anything like the company they keep. I don't have any faith in the notion that the club would have to be successful for them to make money, especially if they are interested in buying the club in its current state.
The way i see it is there are 3 reasons why people want to invest in a PL club

1. To make money and 95% of the time that can only happen by being successful on the pitch
2. Cleaning dirty money from some dodgy billionaires
3. Its a play thing as their wealth is so great it doesn't really matter if they succeed or fail (ie City PSG Newcastle)

Anyone buying or interested in buying Everton are basically more interested buying into the PL brand.

Ok lets say Moshiri has a bit of affection towards the fans would you take that just being a PL team finishing 6th-14th for the next 20 years?
Or would you take say the Kenyon consortium for instance who doesn't give a monkeys about us fans and increases the prices of season tickets but makes Everton successful winning a couple of league titles and a couple of cups and then sells up in 10 years after making a huge profit?

Fixed price means you pay that price whatever happens. Laings can make money by saving on material or schedule, they can lose it by overrunning on those. If Everton want to cut out specification, they would still, contractually, be expected to pay the same rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.