Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
but American
ones? 8th is crap but pretty right

so is it only the ground that makes us attractive?

It takes marketing skill to sell the obvious Everton narrative in Merica, and more afar. This crops up every year or so, and every year or so, it gets painfully missed. By Kenwright, Moshiri, and whoever will rock up next.

Simply put, as just one example, once upon a time, Tim Howard was the #1 Merican sports star. For a short time. What did we did we do to maximise that? Nada. We did better with James, tbf, but its so frustrating.

Saudi links intriguing.

I assume there is nobody there that could be regarded as independently wealthy and will have some familial connection with the House of Saud on some level, even if remote on paper. Like oligarchs in Russia, but embedded by marriage and the much broader Arab concept of family.

Being cynical about it, it would be easier for so-called "private" wealth to wash itself clean of the sins of the state.

Saudi links intriguing.

I assume there is nobody there that could be regarded as independently wealthy and will have some familial connection with the House of Saud on some level, even if remote on paper. Like oligarchs in Russia, but embedded by marriage and the much broader Arab concept of family.

Being cynical about it, it would be easier for so-called "private" wealth to wash itself clean of the sins of the state.
The football authorities took a hammering when the Saudi barcode takeover occurred.
Talk was that they would be toughening up the regs to prevent similar happening again.
Which is a long winded way of saying that I personally think any Saudi takeover to be unlikely.
Smart money seems to be on one of various USA consortium’s.

It takes marketing skill to sell the obvious Everton narrative in Merica, and more afar. This crops up every year or so, and every year or so, it gets painfully missed. By Kenwright, Moshiri, and whoever will rock up next.

Simply put, as just one example, once upon a time, Tim Howard was the #1 Merican sports star. For a short time. What did we did we do to maximise that? Nada. We did better with James, tbf, but its so frustrating.
I assume you mean #1 football (soccer to the yanks) star?

They wont care about any debts or cost of investment for a stadium.

The last big north west club to fall to serious money.

Moshiri will be our Shinawatra
Always kind of thought this tbh. Then Usmanov started getting more seriously involved. Now he's gone I'm back to thinking this. Here's hoping.

We are prob about the 8th attractive club… that’s not that exciting.
That’s putting us above recent league winners leicester, second city’s biggest club villa, and london based club with Olympic stadium - West Ham.
Growth potential for us is limited because the size of our local rivals and the size of the city.
That said there are more billionaires than clubs - hopefully we have one prepared to spend chasing a dream. Consortiums I would guess are more assute business proposals
But also the clubs more attractive than us will be unobtainable

Yes mate, I went to the toilet this morning (I call going for a no2 "I'm just for a Moshiri/crap") thanks for asking.

If you mean the takeover talks, currently getting all of the consortium's assets valued to see how much wiggle room we have. I don't won't to go all in blazing with "here's your £7,437 Moshers, take it or leave it sister!". Need to make sire I leave enough spare in case I need to go higher
Think it’s time @GrandOldTeam got involved and gave the consortium 600 mil that he gets off @davek and @matty1878 adverts alone

Just been on ebay and there's a mint one for £20.00 but it's nowhere near as good as yours. It's a studio shot for sure and hes wearing a suit. Yours is a location shoot and captures Jason in his youthful heyday when Kylie was his missus and every song he was asked to play the guitar on top of the pops was in G.

Great days, great guy, great poster.
Jason Donovan’s in town btw on the empire get it signed

Status
Not open for further replies.