Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its from the middle East I suspect it will be Qatar rather than SA.

Wouldn't a Saudi bid basically be the poor relation to PIF and almost like a business unit of them?

I dont think theres a poor relation. I would say you have multiple people who have access to the countrys investment fund. Newcastle have some people who have access to it, but they wont be the only ones.

Uh oh, starting to hear the Ricketts are starting to sniff around...
Video-Ancelotti-has-no-idea-who-Garbutt-is-640x400.jpg

OK.
I just don't see how it would work. Maybe I'm being naive or thick.

Id be aghast at Saudi investment though in all honesty.

I dont think you are mate.

The system works differently there. It's very centralised. They have a pot of money the country invests in, and they have people who can access that pot.

Always puzzled me that he didn’t sign permanently- definitely up to the standard and genuinely seemed to develop an ‘affinity’ with the club. Though I suppose we don’t know his personal situation (family life etc). I agree though, I’d love to see him involved.
I recall him saying in an interview he wanted to but gave his word he wouldn't push for a perm signing if he was allowed to go on loan for a 2nd time. They wanted his return at the end and he honored his word with sadness but didn't make a fuss and returned to the US. Club did same.

Uh oh, starting to hear the Ricketts are starting to sniff around...
I thought if another US bid, it would be them. They would be a better prospect than Thornton & Co. for sure. It wouldn't be excitement all the way, but they would run the club with discipline and sort the business out.

Status
Not open for further replies.