Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
popcorn-watching-tv.gif

I dont think theres a poor relation. I would say you have multiple people who have access to the countrys investment fund. Newcastle have some people who have access to it, but they wont be the only ones.
True, but investing in a team that plays in the same league from that same pot of cash makes no sense.
If its from the middle East I suspect it will be Qatar rather than SA.

Wouldn't a Saudi bid basically be the poor relation to PIF and almost like a business unit of them?
100%. Not the business unit part, more like the deferential part. The level of arse sniffing around MBS is incomprehensible to people from 'the West.' No Saudi backed team would seriously challenge Newcastle.

Even a 2nd UAE team would be pretty pointless. Yeah, they could use Dubai family money, but when the owner of Man City is the full brother of the President (King is a better descriptor) it's not worth rocking the boat, especially as Dubai has been heavily reliant on Abu Dhabi cash since the financial crisis.
I dont think you are mate.

The system works differently there. It's very centralised. They have a pot of money the country invests in, and they have people who can access that pot.
Yep, but as mentioned above, using that same pot for a 2nd club in the same league? No point.
I think it would be insane to have a 2nd Saudi owner in the league.

A Qatari, Kuwait or Bahrain ownership could be interesting...

American ownership would only be good if they wanted to win instead of survive or solely focus on money.
Qatar? 100% (And in my opinion the most likely of a Gulf Nation to be in the ring, their loathing of Saudi and the UAE is the ideal motivation.)

Kuwait? I honestly don't think they're bothered about the whole sportwashing gig.

Bahrain? The only GCC nation that's had to contend with serious civil unrest against the ruling family. Things have calmed down a bit now compared to the riots of about 12 years ago, but they're still extremely wary of stoking that fire again. (spending 100s of millions on a football team is definitely stoking the fire)

Last edited:

Personally, I think Islam can teach an awful lot about looking after each other. I've learned alot from a mate at work who happens to be a Muslim, That faith is so badly represented by our press its really disappointing. I started fasting when he does and it makes you feel terrific, The Halal meat perception in England is considered cruel yet we happily battery farm which is just barbaric.

Just my two pence. UTM's !!!!

Personally, I think Islam can teach an awful lot about looking after each other. I've learned alot from a mate at work who happens to be a Muslim, That faith is so badly represented by our press its really disappointing. I started fasting when he does and it makes you feel terrific, The Halal meat perception in England is considered cruel yet we happily battery farm which is just barbaric.

Just my two pence. UTM's !!!!
Oh Steveeee

Status
Not open for further replies.