Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Evri Please could you deploy your theological expertise and help us here please?

I think folk are trying to figure out the best faith background for an owner to take over and run EFC. Thoughts?
Doesn't mater what religion or race any owner is. As long as a) they stump up the cash and b) they run the club well.

In my life time, b has never happened and a has only happened for last 6 years.

They could be scientologists for all I care, as long as they run us well and we get some success.

Jedi was the 4th biggest religion in the UK in 2001 and 7th in 2011, yet even the Jedis struggled to maintain order.

Islam isn't a race, its a religion. You can't be racist against a religion.
Sounds disappointing like "I'm not racist because it's a religion". It's a broad term that encompasses a variety of characteristics, including religion. Antisemitism is also considered racism, as being 'Jewish' is both a belief and a race.

@chuffy Can you not separate Race and Religion? You complete merkin.
Hopefully a joke, but you never know.

I'm guessing some in here can read, so some useful links to hopefully knock this on the head.

Sounds disappointing like "I'm not racist because it's a religion". It's a broad term that encompasses a variety of characteristics, including religion. Antisemitism is also considered racism, as being 'Jewish' is both a belief and a race.

I'm guessing some in here can read, so some useful links to hopefully knock this on the head.

Nice copy and paste job... Both of which are absolute nonsense. Now go away and play.

Doesn't mater what religion or race any owner is. As long as a) they stump up the cash and b) they run the club well.

In my life time, b has never happened and a has only happened for last 6 years.

They could be scientologists for all I care, as long as they run us well and we get some success.

Jedi was the 4th biggest religion in the UK in 2001 and 7th in 2011, yet even the Jedis struggled to maintain order.
The correct answer is Sith.

Edit: is Sith a faith? See I'm out of my depth here. @Evri we need you!

Last man standing financially -

1655544966948.png

No politics or religion please FGS...... There is a thread for that rubbish -

'Some of us' can indeed read, we can also read thread titles and amazingly have the intellectual capacity to understand that the content posted in the thread should relate to the aforementioned thread topic.

Something that your condescending sense of self importance seemingly does not grasp.

There's a whole section of the site where you can argue about race, religion, the complexity between the links of national identity when intertwined with a religious dogma.

But it's not here. So please take that elsewhere

'Some of us' can indeed read, we can also read thread titles and amazingly have the intellectual capacity to understand that the content posted in the thread should relate to the aforementioned thread topic.

Something that your condescending sense of self importance seemingly does not grasp.
There's a whole section of the site where you can argue about race, religion, the complexity between the links of national identity when intertwined with a religious dogma.

But it's not here. So please take that elsewhere
I wish...

You can always tell a Protestant by the length of his toenails. That’s what my Nana used to say. Mind you she was as mad as a box of frogs bless her.
Unrelated, and horribly off topic (but this comment brought it to mind); but Bond writer Ian Fleming believed a bizarre theory, which he wrote into one of the Bond books, that gay men couldn’t whistle.

Unrelated, and horribly off topic (but this comment brought it to mind); but Bond writer Ian Fleming believed a bizarre theory, which he wrote into one of the Bond books, that gay men couldn’t whistle.
What bond book was that ?? And how in the hell was it proven ?
Did they blow raspberries instead ???
So many questions here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.