Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh, starting to hear the Ricketts are starting to sniff around...
1655504014356.png

He does have a pretty big nose, you're right to be worried.

If its from the middle East I suspect it will be Qatar rather than SA.

Wouldn't a Saudi bid basically be the poor relation to PIF and almost like a business unit of them?

I dont think theres a poor relation. I would say you have multiple people who have access to the countrys investment fund. Newcastle have some people who have access to it, but they wont be the only ones.

I think it would be insane to have a 2nd Saudi owner in the league.

A Qatari, Kuwait or Bahrain ownership could be interesting...

American ownership would only be good if they wanted to win instead of survive or solely focus on money.

Uh oh, starting to hear the Ricketts are starting to sniff around...

I thought if another US bid, it would be them. They would be a better prospect than Thornton & Co. for sure. It wouldn't be excitement all the way, but they would run the club with discipline and sort the business out.

Arent they the group who were considered best for Chelsea but one family member (not involved with the bid) had meade negative comments against Muslims?

It takes marketing skill to sell the obvious Everton narrative in Merica, and more afar. This crops up every year or so, and every year or so, it gets painfully missed. By Kenwright, Moshiri, and whoever will rock up next.

Simply put, as just one example, once upon a time, Tim Howard was the #1 Merican sports star. For a short time. What did we did we do to maximise that? Nada. We did better with James, tbf, but its so frustrating.

Tim Howard was the number one American sports star for about 36 hours, if that. I don't think you can fault the Everton marketing team too much for not being able to take advantage of that. This is still a country where, if you asked every single American "who is Christian Pulisic?" about 10% would answer "winger for Chelsea," 20% would say "soccer player," another 20% would say "soccer player????," and 50% would say "he was on The Bachelor."

Having said that, Everton still might be the 5th biggest team over here, with better support than City and Spurs.

Arent they the group who were considered best for Chelsea but one family member (not involved with the bid) had meade negative comments against Muslims?

Yes, although the fact that the patriarch who made the comment wasn't involved in the bid isn't really relevant in light of the fact that the entire family is one of the biggest financial backers of Trumpism in the whole country.

They're also not really that great as owners go. Yes, they brought a World Series championship to one of the most star-crossed teams in sports, but it was only because they threw a lot of money at the man who is arguably the most brilliant baseball mind of the last 50 years to do so. Since he left, the team has fallen apart and the Ricketts don't seem to care anymore - they're now content to do the bare minimum and just keep the money machine that is an MLB team going.

I think it would be insane to have a 2nd Saudi owner in the league.

A Qatari, Kuwait or Bahrain ownership could be interesting...

American ownership would only be good if they wanted to win instead of survive or solely focus on money.

Yeah to be fair to them it’s their 80 year old dad and as far as I know there aren’t the same controversies with his kids, one of whom is the head of the company/board. But depends how much influence the racist bag of bones has. They invested pretty well with the baseball team the Cubs but I don’t think they have any experience with football. The big concern for me would be how it’d be viewed, since they basically got scared off by the protests. If we don’t resist as well it might be viewed as an implicit approval. I’d want to learn more but I’d be open minded.

Yeah to be fair to them it’s their 80 year old dad and as far as I know there aren’t the same controversies with his kids, one of whom is the head of the company/board. But depends how much influence the racist bag of bones has. They invested pretty well with the baseball team the Cubs but I don’t think they have any experience with football. The big concern for me would be how it’d be viewed, since they basically got scared off by the protests. If we don’t resist as well it might be viewed as an implicit approval. I’d want to learn more but I’d be open minded.

No idea who they are or what theyve done

Are they a family focused on sports investing (like Liverpools group) ?

Cubs are baseball arent they? What have they done for them?

Id like to think a group of people (fans) would give them the benefit of the doubt regarding their 80 year old relative...

Id like to think a group of people (fans) would give them the benefit of the doubt regarding their 80 year old relative...

It's not just their 80-year-old father who's a racist piece of [Poor language removed] - he's just the only one sloppy enough to put it in writing. Hell, one of the sons was the chief fundraiser of Trump's re-election campaign. The family is scum.

I recall him saying in an interview he wanted to but gave his word he wouldn't push for a perm signing if he was allowed to go on loan for a 2nd time. They wanted his return at the end and he honored his word with sadness but didn't make a fuss and returned to the US. Club did same.
Yeah he stuck to his word regarding coming back after his loan. Also I think Landon just felt more at home in MLS, especially after the rough time he had with Bayern

I heard on a pod the other day that pulisic sells More shirts than Ronaldo in America
It is best for Everton and Pulisic if they stay apart tbh. He already struggles with soft tissue injuries, last thing he needs to deal with his this medical staff.

From what I’ve read the Cubs are their only sports investment. Their dad (the racist one) founded a huge stock broker company and I think that’s where the family money came from. Seems like they’re looking to break into football and the PL obviously.

The big draw for me would be what they did for the baseball team they own. Bought the Cubs in 2009 and invested 1 billion into the stadium and surrounding area. They hired the guy who was responsible for the Red Sox winning their first title in 86 years, and then the Cubs won their first title in 108 years a few years later.

No idea if they’d put in the same efforts, but investments and hiring the right people sounds like a good start to me.

Didn't know that the dad was the racist. Is he involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.