Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess, if you buy the club now for the reported 500m and finished the stadium, in 3 years you could double your money and some, assuming we don't flirt with relegation again in that time.

Sorry mate, did think the name didn’t sound like a Newcastle fan.

Americans are in it for themselves, it if you run yourselves like our neighbours you’ll be fine. If Buehly is anything like he is with the Dodgers, you’ll still be blowing the others out the water.

I think that’s a really solid post. The reason why Billionaires are often Billionaires is because they are willing to take risks others aren’t. If we give up on what football was, and focus on what it’s becoming, you can see exactly why a premier league club is an attractive proposition.
My seat in the West Stand at SB is right on the halfway line very close to Danny Finklestien who is now an associate director he is a very sharp gent.

I know people bang on about RA writing off £1.5 billion loan but that loan was his “ investment “. In that number was his initial purchase cost, the Ken Bates debt paid off
When taking up ownership all the improvements in the likes of the training ground etc. Yet many think it was just the money spent on wages transfer etc.

Had Putin not invaded Ukraine then I doubt RA would have sold but if he had and if he had been able to receive the proceeds of sale he would have turned £1 billion profit and that even was with the price suppressed due to the circumstances surrounding the sale.

In effect RA achieved a £55+ million gross profit for each of his 19 years of ownership.

RA has left Chelsea debt free, with a reasonably high squad value, decent revenue streams they will grow under the new owners.
Already we will see the shirt sponsorship generate next season £20 million an uplift of £10 million, season 23/24 will inevitably see 3 replaced as fromt of short sponsor with a suggested link with a company no doubt that historically wouldn’t deal with RA and with the change no doubt an uplift from the £40 million cash pa historically paid. The status in European terms will reap dividends for the new owners and would not have happened if RA hadn’t shipped up

Some focus too much on balance sheet losses the long game is asset growth and that is where any new owners at Everton will probably look for their return.

RA led the way but sadly for you your current owners tried to join the party by using a model that was not achievable in the same ways for a variety of reasons if fo no other reason than FFP is a major obstacle.

I have no real opinion as yet, because we have very limited information. Our current ownership has been pretty disastrous, so I'm certainly open minded to new ownership. I don't think they could do a whole lot worse. Hopefully it's owners most people can get behind, but I would imagine Moshiri will sell to the highest bidder.

I'd rather have a silly billionaire in Mosh than a bunch of yanks tucked up cosy with the likes of Trump and Steve Bannon.

We'll be sponsored by Q Anon ffs

What does the article say?
It was back in 2005, shortly after clinching their first top-flight title for half a century, that Peter Kenyon talked about how Chelsea wanted to “paint the world blue”.
If the consortium that the former Chelsea and Manchester United chief executive is fronting manages to buy another club who play in blue, one suspects his ambitions for Everton may need to be rather more circumspect.
But there is little doubt that Merseyside’s downtrodden neighbour need some fresh thinking and some of Kenyon’s recent rhetoric will chime with Everton fans desperate to see an end to the dysfunction and reckless spending that took them so close to relegation last season.
In an interview with Telegraph Sport just under two years ago, Kenyon explained how he told all prospective owners of clubs that, while it undoubtedly costs money to create good sides, that alone is no guarantee of success.
“It goes way beyond a coach or a footballer,” he said. “It’s about a culture that is created.”
Everton, devoid of a vision or plan under Farhad Moshiri and undermined by constant managerial upheaval, have been as good an example as any of how not to run a football club.
Kenyon, of course, will know that. It is almost two decades since he left United for Stamford Bridge in what remains arguably the most eye-catching executive switch the Premier League has witnessed, and 13 years since he parted company with Chelsea. Nonetheless, he remains a familiar face to many, his influence in football circles has never waned and his opinions and expertise are still sought after – his company, Opto Advisers, has been involved with the takeovers at Paris St-Germain and Wolverhampton Wanderers and he has worked with clubs from Middlesbrough to Atlético Madrid. Had things worked out differently, he might have ended up running Newcastle United.
Kenyon has close ties with Jorge Mendes, probably the world’s most powerful agent, a relationship that dates back to 2003 when they first met over the deal that brought Cristiano Ronaldo to Old Trafford.
Born in Stalybridge, a small town in Tameside, Greater Manchester, Kenyon made his name as chief executive of Umbro, the sports manufacturer, before leaving to become deputy chief executive of United in 1997, where he helped to elevate the club commercially, through ground-breaking deals with Vodafone and Nike, and raised United’s profile in Asia.
Roman Abramovich recognised Kenyon’s talents and one of his first major moves as Chelsea owner was to entice him to west London.
Given his background, it would be easy to fit Kenyon into a certain stereotype, but he has always been a fervent opponent of a European Super League and holds an unwavering belief in the Premier League’s collective model, where wealth is shared. He also opposes Uefa’s financial fair play regulations.
When he first joined Chelsea, Kenyon said they “had some good players, some big players … but it was a disparate band and there was nothing bringing it together.” There are obvious parallels at Everton, where manager Frank Lampard faces a huge rebuilding job.
Takeovers can often spell bad news for incumbent managers but, if Kenyon’s group were to be successful, Lampard may have less to fear than most. He knows Kenyon well from their time at Chelsea. Kenyon also publicly championed Lampard’s credentials when he was manager at Stamford Bridge. Time will tell if that reunion materialises.

My seat in the West Stand at SB is right on the halfway line very close to Danny Finklestien who is now an associate director he is a very sharp gent.

I know people bang on about RA writing off £1.5 billion loan but that loan was his “ investment “. In that number was his initial purchase cost, the Ken Bates debt paid off
When taking up ownership all the improvements in the likes of the training ground etc. Yet many think it was just the money spent on wages transfer etc.

Had Putin not invaded Ukraine then I doubt RA would have sold but if he had and if he had been able to receive the proceeds of sale he would have turned £1 billion profit and that even was with the price suppressed due to the circumstances surrounding the sale.

In effect RA achieved a £55+ million gross profit for each of his 19 years of ownership.

RA has left Chelsea debt free, with a reasonably high squad value, decent revenue streams they will grow under the new owners.
Already we will see the shirt sponsorship generate next season £20 million an uplift of £10 million, season 23/24 will inevitably see 3 replaced as fromt of short sponsor with a suggested link with a company no doubt that historically wouldn’t deal with RA and with the change no doubt an uplift from the £40 million cash pa historically paid. The status in European terms will reap dividends for the new owners and would not have happened if RA hadn’t shipped up

Some focus too much on balance sheet losses the long game is asset growth and that is where any new owners at Everton will probably look for their return.

RA led the way but sadly for you your current owners tried to join the party by using a model that was not achievable in the same ways for a variety of reasons if fo no other reason than FFP is a major obstacle.

Abramovic was a godsend fir you as a club mate but you have his long time associate to thank for just how much your club has pushed on in every terms.

She's pretty much the best in the business.

Then again that shows how having an owner that appoints the right people to do the job makes the world of difference.

I'd rather have a silly billionaire in Mosh than a bunch of yanks tucked up cosy with the likes of Trump and Steve Bannon.

We'll be sponsored by Q Anon ffs

There seem to be multiple groups interested though. I wouldn't be surprised those stories are all about moving along a deal with someone else.

We need ruthless businessmen owners will like the 1960s - Sir John Moores he also sat on the OFF board which was not outlawed then ......he only have us interest fee loans to purchase players ......

He became a true Blue he ran our club like his Littewoods empire a ruthless businessman - it's a pity his son backed the reds on his death ....

He did not suffer fools, is that what we need now owners to invest in nothing but the best will do ?

Kenwright & Moshiri have to sell to a viable buyer one day .....

I'd be very very worried in terms of the stadium as that will be the thing we have which is of massive value. American takeovers very very rarely end well and there is a reason why this lot hsve failed repeatedly in other attempts.
true but if they asset strip us to make a quick buck and we drop like a stone, having the best stadium in the lower leagues will mean nothing. This is why I'm so conflicted. American owners rarely throw money around, and lets be perfectly honest Moshiri has done that for 5 years and achieved nothing. We don't need an eccentric billionaire who's happy to splash the cash, we need a sound ownership model with a clear strategy and proper footballing people in the club.
Again, why I'm so baffled by this, If you were looking to buy a premierleague club to make money you wouldn't buy us?! We have maybe 3 sellable assets in Dom, Richie and Pickford and even then they aren't going to go for world record fees or anything. We don't make money commercially or have mass appeal across the globe (I'm a London based Blue and people look at me like I've come into their house at Christmas and slapped one of their kids when i say I'm a toffee - just total shock and confusion) and we share a city with one of the biggest, most successful clubs in world football right now - as painful as that is to accept. I just don't see what the appeal is unless it's a passion project

Status
Not open for further replies.