Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the concern though. There currently isn’t a shiny new stadium, there’s a building site, which requires in the region of another £350-400m throwing at it.

There’s obviously money to be made after that, but as an investment it currently requires huge amount of capital to get there.

You wouldn't have interest if the stadium wasn't a safe bet. Materials have been signed and paid for. It'll get funding as all the pieces are in place. Mosh only needs to find investors on the board to cushion the burden.

If you remove the stadium what are you left with? A club with £58million net debt, an owner who's sunk £450million of his own money into it, FFP down our neck, a 95% wage to turnover, and a decaying Goodison Park

We really look like a tempting investment

Have we all been googling a different John Thornton? The one I found is worth around 3 and a half million dollars?

No.

Sadly many of the 27 minute lads just want to see the back of Moshiri even if it means worse owners down the line.

If this or a similiar group take over we will see similiar to what happened at Utd with FC United being formed imo - will fracture the fanbase completely.

It would be like turkeys voting for Christmas. If the model goes the way the scum 6 want, the gap between them and the rest will become a chasm. They want ppv for each team, with the revenue going directly to the club. They may as well have just approved the super League.
To a degree that is right but to a large degree the real value is in the overseas money and the rules have changed in terms of how that is distributed.

Its easy to forget that football in a different era was far more balanced indeed there were movers and shakers that lobbied long and hard to change the model whereby away clubs lost the right to have a share of away gate receipts.

There are 21 shareholders ( the 20 clubs plus the FA) 14 votes are needed to change. Of course you have Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, City and Utd who would now vote for PPV and before long I suspect that Newcastle will join that number but be under no illusion any other club and yep that would include Everton would vote for PPV if it suited their interests but to achieve a 2/3 majority is difficult to see achievable unless some like Wolves, like Leicester and yes at this time even Everton vote as you say as Turkeys

No.

Sadly many of the 27 minute lads just want to see the back of Moshiri even if it means worse owners down the line.

If this or a similiar group take over it we will see similiar to what happened at Utd with FC United being formed imo - will fracture the fanbase completely.

The idea of a consortium of 5 or 6 people/wealth firms running a club is a scary proposal IMO no matter what walk of life they're from.

Because once profits aren't being hit, disagreements happen, fall outs begin, and what happens on the actual pitch becomes an afterthought.

The idea of a consortium of 5 or 6 people/wealth firms running a club is a scary proposal IMO no matter what walk of life they're from.

Because once profits aren't being hit, disagreements happen, fall outs begin, and what happens on the actual pitch becomes an afterthought.

Im skeptical of US owners largely but I would give a credible group a chance (like the ones who just bought Chelsea and are formed by numerous billionaires with experience of running sports franchises).

These are just wall of wolf street types looking to make a quick buck off the clubs precarious position due to the USM sanctions.

If we cant get a Gulf State type buyout we need a wealthy billionaire with ambition and business acumen who actually wants to be in it for the love of the sport/success not just to make money - like Leicesters Thai owners.

My seat in the West Stand at SB is right on the halfway line very close to Danny Finklestien who is now an associate director he is a very sharp gent.

I know people bang on about RA writing off £1.5 billion loan but that loan was his “ investment “. In that number was his initial purchase cost, the Ken Bates debt paid off
When taking up ownership all the improvements in the likes of the training ground etc. Yet many think it was just the money spent on wages transfer etc.

Had Putin not invaded Ukraine then I doubt RA would have sold but if he had and if he had been able to receive the proceeds of sale he would have turned £1 billion profit and that even was with the price suppressed due to the circumstances surrounding the sale.

In effect RA achieved a £55+ million gross profit for each of his 19 years of ownership.

RA has left Chelsea debt free, with a reasonably high squad value, decent revenue streams they will grow under the new owners.
Already we will see the shirt sponsorship generate next season £20 million an uplift of £10 million, season 23/24 will inevitably see 3 replaced as fromt of short sponsor with a suggested link with a company no doubt that historically wouldn’t deal with RA and with the change no doubt an uplift from the £40 million cash pa historically paid. The status in European terms will reap dividends for the new owners and would not have happened if RA hadn’t shipped up

Some focus too much on balance sheet losses the long game is asset growth and that is where any new owners at Everton will probably look for their return.

RA led the way but sadly for you your current owners tried to join the party by using a model that was not achievable in the same ways for a variety of reasons if fo no other reason than FFP is a major obstacle.

Roman Abramovich is the exception, and not the rule sadly (or some may call it a good thing).

The fella genuinely came in, with huge interest and fell in love with the club, whilst certainly a person looking from the outside towards the end of his tenure, he grew a bond fans and the club.

His efforts to establish Chelsea at the top, were before restrictions, but that’s not his problem.
Nowadays Chelsea are a global brand, and in a rich man’s game, they probably justify £40m+ on sponsorship.

Fair play to him, regardless of where his money came from, he had a dream, loved it, and has left a legacy with Boehly, which may not be as full blown, but will have you ran as one of the best clubs.

I don’t envisage him running you like United, given the fact the Dodgers in baseball have the highest Payroll in the sport.

Im skeptical of US owners largely but I would give a credible group a chance (like the ones who just bought Chelsea and are formed by numerous billionaires with experience of running sports franchises).

These are just wall of wolf street types looking to make a quick buck off the clubs precarious position due to the USM sanctions.

If we cant get a Gulf State type buyout we need a wealthy billionaire with ambition and business acumen who actually wants to be in it for the love of the sport/success not just to make money - like Leicesters Thai owners.

Unless Mosh wants to sell...he's pressed the big reset IMO (again) and I'm more comfortable of the future now (Lampard, new DoF, restructuring) than I was last season. If he'd not done anything, then I'd be worried.

This new group popping their head in doesn't scream like greener pastures.

We need ruthless businessmen owners will like the 1960s - Sir John Moores he also sat on the OFF board which was not outlawed then ......he only have us interest fee loans to purchase players ......

He became a true Blue he ran our club like his Littewoods empire a ruthless businessman - it's a pity his son backed the reds on his death ....

He did not suffer fools, is that what we need now owners to invest in nothing but the best will do ?

Kenwright & Moshiri have to sell to a viable buyer one day .....

Love the sentiment, but if Moshiri wants to sell, Kenwright will have no say (unless he wants it back himself).

Moshiri can sell it to the biggest paupers going, for a quick sale, whether they’re the most efficient would only be seen down the line.

Moshiri is a business man, sadly. He won’t care about Everton once he’s washed his hands of us.

Playing Devil’s advocate, is this really what we need? In a FFP world, spending is restricted by revenue and a limited cap on losses. Having a nutty billionaire that loves the game isn’t really the answer. Do we not need some revenue steroids? Do we not need to move away from luvvies that ‘love the game’ but are massively lacking in commercial performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.