Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the consortium of buyers is a team of 4 buyers - Newcastle turned them down so it maybe a swerve - plus to invest just 1 billion to start over is a big ask for any potential buy out .....
They have only named Kenyon, Kaminski, and Thornton so far in the press I have seen. These three are likely to be the heavy hitters in the consortium so I imagine the combined worth is small fry when compared to the Barcodes buy-out. I see this as Moshiri providing an investment opportunity to help pay for the new stadium rather than a multi-billion dollar takeover in the style of PSG, Newcastle, etc.

You make a valid moral point here.
However I would comment that to all intents and purposes Usmanov/ Moshiri have invested money into the club rather than extracted .
If this consortium takes money out of the club, and given the close association of Bannon to one of the members , it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that some of that money could find its way into the hands of Bannon.
Even the slightest possibility that a smallest portion of the money from Everton could indirectly find its way via the obnoxious Bannon into the hands of the multitude of extreme right wing groups he supports /sponsors across the USA and Europe (including Britain) is very disconcerting.
Very good point on this which i didnt or havent really considered.

We all know other American owners have a history of borrowing against the clubs to actually buy them and the syphen money out of the club, through divedends etc (Man Utd, Burnley to think of just 2).
Its not beyond thought that with this groups moral compass it could be along the same lines as that, and as you say, were will the money go?

Kenyon is ours
0D2F8132-6E62-49CE-995D-224D9E8FEC46.jpeg

City became an attractive proposition once they moved into their new ground.

I know Moshiri said it, but he was right - there is absolutely something in the North West being a footballing powerhouse. Only London can compare.

We are the last untapped major resource in the region, and surely a legitimately attractive proposition as a result.

He didnt get it wrong, his replacement got it wrong, was the right thing for him to not sell to Moshiri? maybe in hindsight but at the time it seemed like the right move, now it vital Moshiri moves on

Hindsight is a marvellous thing, but it’s not like he’s disappeared from the face of the earth. Kenwright is the chairman of Everton.

I have absolutely no intel on whether he’s just allowing the free-for-all, or whether he’s stopping it being a massacre.

But I have zero confidence in him getting it right.

Moshiri needs to move on, it feels it’s mutual all round now, but it needs to be vetted properly, and my concern is, if Moshiri is looking for a fast out, we could end up with anyone.

They have only named Kenyon, Kaminski, and Thornton so far in the press I have seen. These three are likely to be the heavy hitters in the consortium so I imagine the combined worth is small fry when compared to the Barcodes buy-out. I see this as Moshiri providing an investment opportunity to help pay for the new stadium rather than a multi-billion dollar takeover in the style of PSG, Newcastle, etc.
Other option is the other parties are even less palatable than those three....

No.

Sadly many of the 27 minute lads just want to see the back of Moshiri even if it means worse owners down the line.

If this or a similiar group take over we will see similiar to what happened at Utd with FC United being formed imo - will fracture the fanbase completely.
They want to see the back of Kenwright not Moshiri

Any chance that Moshiri will just be wanting to sell a percentage of his 94% of shares or he is all in for the sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.