Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this isn't clickbait . .. I'd rather chew my own head off than have us get involved with any US big business. They have track records of ONLY doing well for themselves. Greed, litigation, tricks and showmanship as they flog you snake oil. If its anything like the rs they'll buy us success using asthma inhalers and finding any other nefarious cheating way to the top- and that isn't sport in my eyes

Its a no from me, despite having given up giving a damn.

Has a football club (in recent years) ever been taken over by someone who doesn’t at least associate with horrendous people? I’d be surprised.
The only people in the world, individually or collectively, with PL club-buying-money are some degree of contemptuous villain.

Of course, we’ll use our famed Everton radar, that’s brought us so much transfer success, to weed out the buyers with the most potential to obliterate us from existence.

Has a football club (in recent years) ever been taken over by someone who doesn’t at least associate with horrendous people? I’d be surprised.

Big business is dirty, I get that, and we’re in a sport where actual nations are sportwashing freely but I’d rather not get in bed with these likes

You don't have to asset-strip to leverage debt against something.

Ie. the club ends up paying off interest against the large loans to buy it.

For all the anti-Moshiri stuff, he paid out of his own pocket as far as I know.
Maybe. But anyone thinking that when he would have sold up post stadium build this club wouldn't be in massive debt is having a laugh.

These Yanks are scary too, of course.

We're now hoping that this lot - if they buy the club - then sell up post stadium build to a sovereign wealth fund.

Big business is dirty, I get that, and we’re in a sport where actual nations are sportwashing freely but I’d rather not get in bed with these likes
I agree, but then with hindsight i’d’ve rather not gotten in bed with a Russian oligarch and his incompetent mate, but everyone was massively excited about that one when it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.