Takeover bid by Peter Kenyon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zat mate, get your head out the clouds, American investors are in no way shape or form going to be sponsoring us through backdoor channels, the naming rights was Usmanovs way of throwing a crap load of money into the club for free.

No one on earth would do that if they are bothered about return on investment.

Can slate Moshiri/Usmanov, but they threw money hand over fist into the club, these American lot will do the opposite, everything will be leveraged, loans and I'm expecting the stadium to end up not owned by the club at the end of it all.

Oh i dont disagree that this looks like a disaster.

The backdoor thinking for FFP was simply so they can invest some money to safeguard their investment -- we were almost relegated.

The other thing of course is that they could see this as a long term play and need us to be successful due to the possible super league or tv rights in the US.

You know if these guys end up being grifting vultures that's on Moshiri right? Because he was an incompetent businessman that couldn't run a club and sold the club to a sketchy enterprise
It would be on the fans, who have called for him to leave for months, they can’t have it both ways.
You can’t tell him to sell up and go away but only on the fans terms.
For all his faults I can’t recall one time he hasn’t tried to improve the club, he has been a lot more honest than Bill has.

Im not bothered about the blame game - this is the clubs future at stake whereas most are more bothered about "least it aint Mosh/Bill finishing 8th-12th" than a bunch of skint venture capitalists coming on board and destroying us and be destroying I mean destroying - not just one season of flirting with relegation.

Think leveraged buy out/large debt/ not owning our own ground/BMD - all very real possibilities with this group headed by a snake.

The fans need to stand up before its too late.
Just to be clear. You’re now in favour of fan protests?

How is it the Telegraph are all over this and others aren't?

I'm very dubious about the Telegraph and Everton.
Exactly my thoughts.

In my mergers and acquisitions experience, if Heads have been signed, so has a confidentiality agreement relating to the negotiations and the due diligence information sharing etc. The fact that it’s all over the Telegraph means that both parties are quite content to have this news out there. Which makes me very sad.

Big balls on Mosh if he’s not bothered that the fans (the real owners of the club) have to read some of the names involved.

It would be on the fans, who have called for him to leave for months, they can’t have it both ways.
You can’t tell him to sell up and go away but only on the fans terms.
For all his faults I can’t recall one time he hasn’t tried to improve the club, he has been a lot more honest than Bill has.
Don't be silly. The fans have little or no say in who moshiri sells to. If they turn out to be bad, that is on moshiri and kenwright. Nobody else.

I'm speculating of course mate:

I believe one of the named investors is a former president of GS - so he was either involved in the financial negotiations of investing in the ground or the investment opportunity was put to him through that route and he's put together a consortium of investors, to look at a possible takeover. Where Kenyon fits into this is anyone's guess - portably as a industry expert representing.

Id be guessing the reasoning is, if they fund the ground anyway - why not own it as opposed to just getting the interest in the investment and bet that it will be worth more 500mill + interest, if they sit on it for a couple of years, buying the club lock stock is an additional expense amongst them, but again an asset they would look to appreciate - though its a basket case, but sweating the stadium could help. Ive also wondered would they look to do something different with the Goodison legacy - its a big piece of land and site they could look to turn into something more profitable then what is planned. I think they are looking at fixed assets - Goodison, New ground and Club itself and seeing dollar signs if they can appreciate with minimal investment. For once we're fixed asset heavy.

A fear would be them separating church and state i.e. separating ownership of the ground from the club - though I've no reason to suspect that.

100%.

Mosh took over based arguably as a hobbiest wanting to make a success after being in the shadows at Arsenal. He know it needed growing, he new it needed a stadium. He's pumped £400million into it. He didn't need to

This lot wouldn't do the same. They'll see something to make money from.

Didn't Moshiri say that the stadium is fully funded in his statement last week? I think this takeover is further down the line than we expect

Status
Not open for further replies.