Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how rich do owners have to be

Glazers 4.5 billion but this club is making bilions anyway
City, 20 billion
Chelsea 7 billion
Spurs not sure
Villa, 1.5 billion
Liverpool, unsure
Leicester, 1.95 billion
West ham 900 million

So we need someone with at least 2 billion net worth and is a football fan like chelsea rather then randy at villa

I guess the circumstantial evidence points in his direction.

He's a hugely successful business man and is responsible for making Usmanov the wealthy man he is, which of course us how he created his own wealth.

How much he knows about running football clubs directly I do not know as although he and Usmanov held 30% of Arsenal they had zero influence on Kroenke, not even having a board seat.

It would be a serious upgrade on what we have at present though, a serious business man but it would not bring Mansour/Abramovich levels of funding to Everton.
It smacks of a collaboration between the two of them to me mate.

He downs his shares to Usmanov in the blink of an eye and wades into Everton...Usmanov issues a statement saying he remains committed to Arsenal.....but his business partner takes on another PL club and Usmanov remains a frustrated silent partner at the Emirates........IF it is Moshiri then this is very exciting news imo.

I also think the little bit crammed into that article about Kenwright staying involved makes this realistic. He'd definitely take that option over others if it was available.
Possibly an effect of his familiarity with English football from his time at Arsenal, and maybe a sign that he wants to maintain a connection to the clubs traditions and values etc

Not Usmanov
http://www.espnfc.com.au/arsenal/story/2816203/alisher-usmanov-increases-arsenal-ownership-stake

Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov increases Arsenal ownership stake
i

Red & White holdings, which Alisher Usmanov now controls, has a 30 percent holding stake in Arsenal.
Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov has increased his ownership stake in Arsenal to just over 30 percent by buying out his business partner.

Usmanov said he is now the sole owner of Red & White Holdings after buying up the few remaining shares held by Farhad Moshiri. Red & White Holdings controls 30.4 percent of Arsenal shares, with Usmanov having the second biggest stake in the club behind American majority owner Stan Kroenke.

"In line with my previously stated objective, I can confirm that I have purchased the whole stake of Farhad Moshiri, thereby increasing my holding in Arsenal to over 30 percent and securing my position as the second largest shareholder," Usmanov said on Friday.

"I am committed to Arsenal and I will proudly retain my holding as a long-term investment for myself and my family to enjoy and benefit for generations to come. I want the absolute best for Arsenal and am prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure the success of the club."

Usmanov has a fortune estimated at nearly $15 billion by Forbes, and first bought a 14-percent stake in the London club in 2007.

He has previously fought Kroenke for the majority ownership, and has been an outspoken critic of the club's financial policies -- including the decision to sell striker Robin van Persie to Manchester United.

Usmanov is not happening folks...shame as he is worth $15bn

http://www.espnfc.com.au/arsenal/story/2816203/alisher-usmanov-increases-arsenal-ownership-stake

"I am committed to Arsenal and I will proudly retain my holding as a long-term investment for myself and my family to enjoy and benefit for generations to come. I want the absolute best for Arsenal and am prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure the success of the club."

Obviously it doesn't look like it's happening but the only shares he's bought are those of his partner. His partner in lots and lots of things and with whom he shared a long standing interest in buying a football club.

To complete this quick purchase of Everton one of them had to sell there shares in Arsenal to the other and it seems that's happened.

I would not be surprised at all to see Usmanov come on board in future if this takeover did happen.

Usmanov is not happening folks...shame as he is worth $15bn

"I am committed to Arsenal and I will proudly retain my holding as a long-term investment for myself and my family to enjoy and benefit for generations to come. I want the absolute best for Arsenal and am prepared to do whatever is necessary to ensure the
success of the club."

This was a non starter anyway, he always been trying to increase his shares at arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.