Takeover: The nationality of our new owners will be (approximately) ?

The nationality (approximately) of our new owners will be ?

• American

Votes: 45 13.2%
  • Russian

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • from the Middle East

Votes: 160 46.9%
  • Chinese

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • Thai

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • Persian/ Monegasques

Votes: 34 10.0%
  • Anywhere else.....

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • Geordie

Votes: 52 15.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it strange that we have been up for sale for over 10 years and now that Bill Kenwright gets ill and not able to attend matches we are suddenly knocking prospective buyers back with a pointy stick.

Surely someone hasnt been lying to us all these years ?

It's the TV deal mate, the clubs are now awash with money.......

This Iranian hasn't got the kind of wealth to compete with the city's & chelsea's, in fact Greene is worth 2.5x more.

No, but if we are to believe it, he has enough to buy the club, without debt, has been in some way involved in the progress Arsenal have made these last few years, and almost certainly has the connections that might come to the party.

At the very least, that is all good to me.

Picking through the bones of this, pretty much. Knows English football, track record at Arsenal, apparently well connected, has a few bob.

Oh, and knew of Everton more than a few weeks ago.
As an American (laugh here) I would feel much better with Moshiri. Being involved with Arsenal and familiar with the PL And being THE GUY. My biggest concern with the M&N is having no football experience and not sure about the makeup of the consortium. I liked the KC group much better from a yank perspective but think Moshiri would be a choice above them too.

As an American (laugh here) I would feel much better with Moshiri. Being involved with Arsenal and familiar with the PL And being THE GUY. My biggest concern with the M&N is having no football experience and not sure about the makeup of the consortium. I liked the KC group much better from a yank perspective but think Moshiri would be a choice above them too.

Pretty well sums up the view on here as well mate......

We got the game set so don't complain yet,
twenty-four seven never beggin for a raincheck

Old school soldiers passing up the hot #%*$!, that rock #%*$! and bounce in the MOSH pit.

Last edited:

This Iranian hasn't got the kind of wealth to compete with the city's & chelsea's, in fact Greene is worth 2.5x more.

its more than enough, anyways FFP means that he can't throw his wealth at us so its a new stadium we need and 3bn is enough to guarantee finance for new stadium or rebuild

our commercial activities can be enhanced greatly with out spending millions also

That's a huge positive factor for me as it means that any capital he or fellow investors have can be directly used to improve the club.

The less debt required to improve our fortunes the better.
Fully agree, was one of my biggest concerns with the M&N rumoured deal was that even the initial purchase appeared to need leverage to complete.

If Moshiri can buy the initial stake without any new net outlay you'd assume he already have thought about the financing for both the outstanding shares plus necessary improvements. That might be from his own wealth, from additional investor(s), debt or a combo of all three.

No, but if we are to believe it, he has enough to buy the club, without debt, has been in some way involved in the progress Arsenal have made these last few years, and almost certainly has the connections that might come to the party.

At the very least, that is all good to me.

They built a Stadium & charge the earth to watch a game there, as well as folk having to take out a virtual mortgage for 10 year tickets.

I for 1 want to be able to watch us be successful.. and I don't just mean on the box or a dodgy stream.

in fact Greene is worth 2.5x more.
Not to be crass, but the whole focus on Green by many has always confused me as there's been no evidence to support his apparent influence.

Regardless of how wealthy he is or he isn't, if he's not actually investing in the club then it's utterly pointless to consider his wealth as a bar.

Lord Granchester, who still owns approximately 8% of the club, is worth over a billion but then again he doesn't invest in the club.

If this individual is the person who is investing then yes he may not be able to match Citeh or Chelsea, yet if he invests millions then that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back