Talents like Stones & Barkley,that we can sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nathan Redmond is a good call.

Have a look at the England under 18,19 and under 20 teams. Look for players from lower league clubs. It is usually much harder for players from the lower divisions to get recognised at international level. It could mean they have ability above the league they play in.

What are Goretzka and Meyer at Schalke like?

Meyer has been excellent this year but he recently extended his contract. Goretzka started the season well but has dropped back because he's having his school-leaving exams (German ewuivalent for GCSEs) sometime now, so he's overburdened but he should be a fine player. But they'd be quite expensive with their long-term contracts.

Being honest, had anyone heard of Stones before we signed him?

It's all about risks, there are definitely big talents in the lower leagues, just need to cipher them out!

Instant veto on anyone who appears on one of those jarg "Top 10 players who will literally be Lionel Messi" lists that does the rounds on twitter.

10?! LOL, we all know there is only one next Messi. Jozy Altidore.

They should scout the merseyside youth leagues a bit better and help improve them, i know we do already like cause i had trials as a kid and went to a few of those football coaching camps they do in the summer, but i'd like to see us do it on a grander scale and make changes in the way we currently find talents and improve them as footballers, fortunately Roberto seems keen to do this so it'll be interesting to see his results in the next few years.

I was proper [Poor language removed] at football up untill age 11, loved watching football but when i was on the field it was ball watching, snapping lids and toey bangers, then i went to a footy camp and using what i learned from there managed to join a sunday team. Second season i scored 42 in 19 games and won us a final earning me a trial for Everton Fc, they had all the lads on trial play a match against the actual everton youth team except they were all a year older then us, the game finishes 4-3 to them and i scored two, hit the post with an overhead kick and had one ruled offside aswell, then i went to a few more trials and looking back it was mad how quickly i was being coached into a good player, then i tore a cartlidge, damaged my hamstring and basically made Rodwell look medically fit. Since then i've watched lads well better at footy then i ever was who never had that kind of opportunity and as a city we suffer for it and it's a problem nationwide that our youth system needs to improve. I'd love it to be Everton who can discover these talents more often as we've seen that our young players really do play well in that royal blue.

They should scout the merseyside youth leagues a bit better and help improve them, i know we do already like cause i had trials as a kid and went to a few of those football coaching camps they do in the summer, but i'd like to see us do it on a grander scale and make changes in the way we currently find talents and improve them as footballers, fortunately Roberto seems keen to do this so it'll be interesting to see his results in the next few years.

I was proper [Poor language removed] at football up untill age 11, loved watching football but when i was on the field it was ball watching, snapping lids and toey bangers, then i went to a footy camp and using what i learned from there managed to join a sunday team. Second season i scored 42 in 19 games and won us a final earning me a trial for Everton Fc, they had all the lads on trial play a match against the actual everton youth team except they were all a year older then us, the game finishes 4-3 to them and i scored two, hit the post with an overhead kick and had one ruled offside aswell, then i went to a few more trials and looking back it was mad how quickly i was being coached into a good player, then i tore a cartlidge, damaged my hamstring and basically made Rodwell look medically fit. Since then i've watched lads well better at footy then i ever was who never had that kind of opportunity and as a city we suffer for it and it's a problem nationwide that our youth system needs to improve. I'd love it to be Everton who can discover these talents more often as we've seen that our young players really do play well in that royal blue.

Everton should build a few football centers around the city and the surrounding areas where young lads can play for free get a few coaches in to develop players can be a good opportunity for young coaches to get experience and give young lads the chance to impress the right people

When Aaron Ramsey was at Cardiff everyone knew he was gonna be a player. I'm no @swisso but I don't think I've heard of anyone playing in the lower leagues thats so obviously destined for big things. A few have said Will Hughes at Derby but I'm not so sure on him tbh.

When we signed Stones he wasn't unheard of. He was highly rated which is why he cost so much. We had the choice of Sam Byram, Tom Lees, John Stones and Kieran Trippier. I think we made the best choice.

No one said Lukaku?

LUKAKU

But in terms of other players, we have gone down the road of signing alot of young players before who never came to anything as far as I know -- signed a young winger from Southend and that chap from Oldham who was a goalscorer....

Jonjo Shelvey was obviously going to make it, saw him a couple of years before he was sold. It makes more sense to me to go after these types which we did with luke garbutt and hope they come good.

For potentially world class or at least top premier league players theres 2 options really....go after ravel morrisson types who have come unstuck or go for players overseas playing for teams who need money.

Failing that, sign atleticos scouting team and get the next world class forward to xome through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back