Tennis !

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really not though.

These three are barely human. As time goes on, people will come even more to appreciate their greatness. it's not that the next generation hasn't challenged them, it's just that these guys are so ridiculously good. Some of the points that Novak had to play in the first couple sets yesterday simply to win points against Nadal was unconscionable.

If Nadal/Novak/Fed played in the 90s, no one else would have a grand slam title except maybe Sampras would have painted enough lines at Wimbledon a year or two to scrape one.

They're incredible players, without a doubt. Just think sport ultimately needs a contest, and you know pretty much that the same two players will make the final of every tournament they're bothered about. That's not a great contest imo, even if the standard is incredibly high.

They're incredible players, without a doubt. Just think sport ultimately needs a contest, and you know pretty much that the same two players will make the final of every tournament they're bothered about. That's not a great contest imo, even if the standard is incredibly high.
I generally agree. But in this specific case, they are pushing each other to the limits of what can humanly be done out there. The guys right below them would have competed against the top guys in the 90s and early 2000s. They are good enough. It raised the games of guys like Murray and Stan to levels they didn't think was possible - it takes herculean efforts to beat them

Youngesters showing what they are made of, lovely, even as a Nadal fan.

Tasty final today at 6pm, on BBC2

Tennis chaps... so I’m looking to purchase a new racquet. I would say I’m intermediate player... not particularly good at anything .. so keen on something that gives power but doesn’t lose feel. Been looking at the babolat pure drive 2021.. Wilson clash 100... almost bought the pure drive but thinking maybe the pure aero..

I’ve googled, YouTube’d and slept on it.. but reckon GOT might have the answers

Big Rafael on his way to a SF berth. A Nadal / Djokovic final is looming.

Hopefully Rafael takes this Aussie Open and edges past Federer onto 21 GS titles and becomes undisputed GOAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back