Terry Darracott R.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here's a little story Terry once told me. After the cup final in 86 him and Mick Lyons came out of Wembley totally gutted. As they crossed the coach park heading for Mick's car they came across soft lad Dr fun looking a bit lost telling them he thought his coach had gone without him.(I wonder why?). Anyway theoffered him a lift and headed to the car with soft lad dressed in his top hat and tail's with his daft puppet. Terry said he never shut up all the way home and he done their heads in. They eventually dropped him off at the Oak tree pub in Huyton and Mick sped off in a hurry. The next morning Terry got a phone call from Mick who was pissing himself laughing, when he'd gone out to the car there was half of soft arsed coat hanging out at the back door!

Here's a little story Terry once told me. After the cup final in 86 him and Mick Lyons came out of Wembley totally gutted. As they crossed the coach park heading for Mick's car they came across soft lad Dr fun looking a bit lost telling them he thought his coach had gone without him.(I wonder why?). Anyway theoffered him a lift and headed to the car with soft lad dressed in his top hat and tail's with his daft puppet. Terry said he never shut up all the way home and he done their heads in. They eventually dropped him off at the Oak tree pub in Huyton and Mick sped off in a hurry. The next morning Terry got a phone call from Mick who was pissing himself laughing, when he'd gone out to the car there was half of soft arsed coat hanging out at the back door!
Ha ha i'm in stitches after reading that!lol

I'd say between the defeat and the company poor Terry and Mick had in the car with them, the journey back home to Liverpool, must have felt even longer than usual that evening!lol

I remember that story of them offering him a lift but Mick Lyons also said that Dr Fun’s feet stank so bad that they had to have the windows in the car open all the way back home…talk about adding insult to injury.

I didn't particularly like the Nevin biogrpahy, tbh. He comes across a bit too pompous for me. Good player but a bit of too Bernard Righton.
Yes I got the book because I like Pat as a footballer, went off him after reading his book, he was talking about writing a follow up to it, if he does I’ll swerve it, bit too much up his own Arsenal for me!!

I remember that story of them offering him a lift but Mick Lyons also said that Dr Fun’s feet stank so bad that they had to have the windows in the car open all the way back home…talk about adding insult to injury.
Haha nice one, Terry didn't mention that bit, maybe it's why the coach left without him.

Ha ha i'm in stitches after reading that!lol

I'd say between the defeat and the company poor Terry and Mick had in the car with them, the journey back home to Liverpool, must have felt even longer than usual that evening!lol
Proper "Everton that"loland I think I had a bad journey home like all of us that day, nothing in comparison to poor Terry and Micklol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back