Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate I speak as a homeowner, but my parents grew up in council houses.

I can't be the only person who thinks we need more social housing, not more right to buy schemes.

No, you are not mate.

And that is before those who think "ace, I will buy my council house" actually try and get a mortgage these days. It was a different world in Thatchers day. This policy is wallpaper.

And crap wallpaper at that.

if labour restucture the francise, most have a built in review for the goverment or local authority, they can alter or pull the plug, Merseyrail have a long francise but every 5 years it comes up for review. they could stear clear of trouble with the RMT, ie stop all the shareholders overseas(mostly state owned) taking a huge chunk of the money we all pay for the running of the rail to fund there home rail networks in Germany, Holland , France ect and spend it on are own system.

Merseyrail is a strange one, such a long francise. They do tend to score highly on passenger / reliability tables so they must be doing something right. Being self contained I'd guess helps them a great deal to.

They want DOO for their new rolling stock (IE make guards redundant) however it's been knocked back by the council who also made a hardline stance to the new Northern / First proposals. http://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-welcomes-liverpool-city-council-stand-on-train-guards/

Will be very interesting to see how it pans out if Labour do get in. Red Ed would as you say surely have to make concessions, after all it was the unions which landed him the job in the first place.

And you believe every word Miliband says? Or has said?

I think it's a bit more fundamental than that isn't it? Is there a single person alive who can plan to do stuff five years hence and achieve every single one of them?

It's a dangerous game when we expect politicians to a) know the answer to every problem, and b) never make a single mistake.

I think it's a bit more fundamental than that isn't it? Is there a single person alive who can plan to do stuff five years hence and achieve every single one of them?

It's a dangerous game when we expect politicians to a) know the answer to every problem, and b) never make a single mistake.

Plus having to lob everything onto the table to negotiate a coalition.

Be funny as hell to see which of Eds "promises" remain after the SNP get their claws into him.

Plus having to lob everything onto the table to negotiate a coalition.

Be funny as hell to see which of Eds "promises" remain after the SNP get their claws into him.

Well he's basically got two choices. Either Labour don't get in power after this election, or they're in power with the SNP and he breaks a direct promise that they wouldn't form a coalition with them.

He's already screwed himself in that regard.

Well he's basically got two choices. Either Labour don't get in power after this election, or they're in power with the SNP and he breaks a direct promise that they wouldn't form a coalition with them.

Doesnt have to be a coalition. Vote by vote would me my guess. With the budget being the first important one.

*prays for Ed*

He won't break that promise because they won't form a coalition. There will be a less stringent agreement, probably supply and confidence.

Merseyrail is a strange one, such a long francise. They do tend to score highly on passenger / reliability tables so they must be doing something right. Being self contained I'd guess helps them a great deal to.

They want DOO for their new rolling stock (IE make guards redundant) however it's been knocked back by the council who also made a hardline stance to the new Northern / First proposals. http://www.rmt.org.uk/news/rmt-welcomes-liverpool-city-council-stand-on-train-guards/

Will be very interesting to see how it pans out if Labour do get in. Red Ed would as you say surely have to make concessions, after all it was the unions which landed him the job in the first place.
like you say merseyrail do a lot right, they have spent of the infasructure and have high staff levels, what Labour will do i dont know, they have a history of saying one thing about the rail then doing something else, red Ed might use it to show how he is stand up to unions,
we will find out soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back