Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The last few pages exemplify why party politics is the worst thing invented since Ian Rush. It makes certain people just abandon all reason and independent thought.

This is one thing I have never understood. Surely the likelihood of agreeing with everything a party has to offer is small?

Given the exponential increase in the debt caused by servicing the interest on it, i bet that could have been said of the Brown government and every government that preceeded it. Unfortunately the national debt will never be cut as a result.

Still the myth that Osborne is some kind of economic guru and is sorting the nations finances out needs to be put to bed.

Makes you wonder why Ed & Ed dont call him out on it........

Two reasons:

1) Labour have opposed every cut to the deficit so far - so it would be hugely hypocritical.

2) They're never going to win the argument on the economy so there's no point trying. They're on safer ground arguing about the NHS/Education.

Does anybody else feel a bit off by expats being allowed to vote?

It is peculiar. Not only can expats vote, but all the migrants living in Britain can't. We're quite happy to take taxes from them and the like, but not willing to give them any say on how those taxes are used (or indeed how much tax they should have taken in the first place).

That potentially 1/4 NHS doctors aren't eligible to vote, for instance, seems more than a little off to me.

Two reasons:

1) Labour have opposed every cut to the deficit so far - so it would be hugely hypocritical.

2) They're never going to win the argument on the economy so there's no point trying. They're on safer ground arguing about the NHS/Education.

Never bothered them before.

"Weaponising" it was the phrase I recall.

It is peculiar. Not only can expats vote, but all the migrants living in Britain can't. We're quite happy to take taxes from them and the like, but not willing to give them any say on how those taxes are used (or indeed how much tax they should have taken in the first place).

That potentially 1/4 NHS doctors aren't eligible to vote, for instance, seems more than a little off to me.

Agreed. If you have a permanent address here then you should be allowed to vote, if you don't then you shouldn't.

Agreed. If you have a permanent address here then you should be allowed to vote, if you don't then you shouldn't.

Never given it any thought really. The Scottish referendum was residence based wasnt it?

Thats a thought, just flashed into my pea sized brain. Do residents of places like Gibraltor and The Falklands get a vote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back