Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
And the impact would be even less if we limited the number of immigrants.

Sounds great on paper - in practice, incredibly difficult to do without alienating the economic positives the "good ones" bring. You could have a system that is point based, but as a quick example, what if a doctor comes here, gets in, but then wants their mother to come over, who has no skills?

It's a very tricky thing to do. I'd be all for a points based system that made allowance for common sense, and it was underpinned by a very good grasp of supply and demand for certain jobs, but even the lauded Australian system is flawed.

Sounds great on paper - in practice, incredibly difficult to do without alienating the economic positives the "good ones" bring. You could have a system that is point based, but as a quick example, what if a doctor comes here, gets in, but then wants their mother to come over, who has no skills?

It's a very tricky thing to do. I'd be all for a points based system that made allowance for common sense, and it was underpinned by a very good grasp of supply and demand for certain jobs, but even the lauded Australian system is flawed.

Tubey it would have taken you significantly less effort to say "Yes, that's true".

Tory HQ just named Nigel Man of the Match

They must be delighted.
I'd hold off with the champagne celebrations if I were them. He speaks for a very niche group of ex-Tory voters who lap this stuff up (the misunderstood outsiders being slammed for 'racist' talk). The Tories will find it hard to whittle that support right down to a winning margin.

There's a graph tonight on the BBC live page showing how Farage's tracking poll went up after he attacked the studio audience for being too lefty!!

"Medical tourism is a lucrative source of income for the NHS, according to a major new study that contradicts many of the assumptions behind the government's announcement that it will clamp down on foreigners abusing the health service.

Eighteen hospitals – those deemed most likely to be making money from overseas patients – earned £42m in 2010, according to researchers from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and York University. Medical tourists spent an estimated £219m on hotels, restaurants, shopping and transport in the UK.

The researchers also found that more people leave the UK seeking medical treatment abroad than arrive in this country for care: about 63,000 people from the country travelled to hospitals and clinics abroad in 2010, while considerably fewer, about 52,000 people, came here".

Nigel Farage (sounds foreign lol ) is blaming MRSA on Labour?

The fact that a bacteria developed a resistance to methicillin is now a persons fault?

MRSA had been becoming resistant since the 50's at least. That's not a persons fault.

Ok, I see. Farage is a melt.

I'm just amazed he didn't blame in on immigrants tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back