Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Just caught a preview of an interview with Farage and heard him talking about, surprise surprise, immigration. Anyone who thinks the fella isn't a racist [Poor language removed] is surely in denial.

I think Farage's strategy is clear, he knows he is not going to attract new voters and he's desperately hanging on to his core support. Having not made quite the break through he was expecting, it's about consolidation now.

I think Farage's strategy is clear, he knows he is not going to attract new voters and he's desperately hanging on to his core support. Having not made quite the break through he was expecting, it's about consolidation now.

One trick ponies usually get found out in a general election dont they? They can get some decent by-election results, but under the unremitting glare of a 4 week campaign, people get tired and peeved off when the same message is trotted out time and time again.

He will say all sorts about all sorts of issues, some might even carry some weight when examined, but being seen as answering every question with a reference to immigration just gets on peoples nerves.

It is also why I would like to see current media darling Sturgeon examined in more detail, given that she is likely to have a significant impact in a parliament she is not even standing for election to.

I'm honestly not sure how he gets away with it. What's worse, is that every interview, publication and appearance etc. helps to legitimise his prejudice.

SNP have done for Farage as quite a few voters who actually think & were considering voting UKIP (if that isnt a tautology) will go back to voting Tory or Lib Dem in South and Labour in North.

I'm honestly not sure how he gets away with it. What's worse, is that every interview, publication and appearance etc. helps to legitimise his prejudice.

I really dont want to reopen the Farage/racist issue, because I dont think he is per ce a racist in the BNP/NF way, he just sees uncontrolled immigration as the central issue to the UK.

But everyone knows his stance on that, so him banging on about it all time makes him look foolish imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back