Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Naturally, but the basic essence of it isn't racist. Is Australia's system racist?
Ah yes, a points based system. How are these points scored in Australia and how are they going to be scored here?

UKIP constantly and consistently enflame racial tensions with discriminatory statements, out and out lies and needless scaremongering. It's the classic "foreigners are taking your jobs" routine designed to make people think that it's acceptable to be racially prejudiced. Its pretty naive to think that there is no racial bias in UKIP immigration plans.

No, because race is not one of the criteria for allocating points for entry.

However it might be the case that it is. Farage last night said he might prefer someone from India or Australia over someone "from a former behind the iron curtain state".

Hence my original comment questioning your blanket statement that a points based system is not racist, it really depends upon the criteria for entry.
I actually said that the question of controlling immigration is not forbidden on the grounds of racism.

Some people seem to think that if you think we should control immigration you are a racist, before even discussing how it may be implemented.

Farage has clearly shown that he would control it in a manner that is very much racist.

Ah yes, a points based system. How are these points scored in Australia and how are they going to be scored here?

UKIP constantly and consistently enflame racial tensions with discriminatory statements, out and out lies and needless scaremongering. It's the classic "foreigners are taking your jobs" routine designed to make people think that it's acceptable to be racially prejudiced. Its pretty naive to think that there is no racial bias in UKIP immigration plans.

Where have I said that?

Some people seem to think that if you think we should control immigration you are a racist, before even discussing how it may be implemented.

For the record, skills based controlled immigration with no consideration for race, religion or ethnicity is clearly not racist. :)

Although how you have a points based system and meet EU obligations I do not know........ (and I am pro EU in a big way)

I'm sorry if I've not read you right this morning. I thought the suggestion was that UKIPs immigration policy wouldn't be racist in essence. I guess on the outside it wouldn't, but dig deeper and that's exactly what's driving it.
UKIP's expressed policy may claim nor to be racist, but it's very clear from what Farage says that he wants to exclude based on race/religion etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back