The 2015 Popularity Contest (aka UK General Election )

Who will you be voting for?

• Tory

Votes: 38 9.9%
  • Diet Tory (Labour)

Votes: 132 34.3%
  • Tory Zero (Greens)

Votes: 44 11.4%
  • Extra Tory with lemon (UKIP)

Votes: 40 10.4%
  • Lib Dems

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other

Votes: 31 8.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 91 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Independent has come out in support of a Tory/Liberal coalition.

Didn't think I'd ever say that...

Wouldnt bother me that. In fact, me and Mrs R were taking last night and we both kind of wished we could actually vote for it!

Wouldnt bother me that. In fact, me and Mrs R were taking last night and we both kind of wished we could actually vote for it!

A Tory/LD coalition is probably the best possible outcome, all things considered.

how would you feel about them having the DUP for company?

Not delighted.

If you can be arsed, (I wouldnt bother if I am honest), scroll back and I have said a few times that I think, in a political way, the Coalition has been a success.

We can argue about this cut, that cut, read a blizzard of posts from the Newstatesman/Guardian/Mail etc, but as a Coalition, it has delivered 5 years of stable government. Which is what is more important, imo, than tribal bells playing fast and loose with the UK.

I would rather have a Labour majority than a Labour/SNP non agreed agreement/arrangement/stitch up

Both Lab and Con look a little high to me, I also think the LD's will do better than 22.

As for the outcome, I concur.

The general feeling amongst Labour officials is around 265-270. I agree the tory figure appears a little high, I'd guess around 275. I think the Lib Dems will do better than expected in England, possibly getting 27/28 seats. If Labour take Chester, Warrington South and Wirral West then it could be closer.

Peter Kellner of YouGov now predicting 283-261 for the conservatives - would indicate a 2% lead in tonight's YouGov poll.

Last edited:

No, I'm still surprised as only about 15% of their readers vote Tory.

In some ways it's been the most leftwing paper of the last few years with its campaigning headline pieces on the front page. Ultimately, though, there's only one independent national newspaper in Britain and it isn't the Indy.

No, I'm still surprised as only about 15% of their readers vote Tory.
Well, they dont really endorse anything really do they? I think what they say is that both the nationalism of the SNP and UKIP are equally a danger and that if there is to be another coalition then they hope it'll be more liberal this time around.

Hardly a covenant signed in blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back