THE 2021/2022 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
That 3rd Arsenal scorer [Frida Maanum] Kirk said he thought we had signed, he thought it was a done deal, but for whatever reason it didnt happen, maybe because Arsenal turned up late

McIver has had a mare with first - 2nd is a clear foul and 3rd a worldie - though again - a bigger goalie would he saved it. Well beaten in the end - but they are a top side.

He was spot on about players passing the buck and putting team mates into trouble. He was absolutely spot on about lacking belief as well.

There were moments 2nd half when we had the ball we played some lovely quick passing and it broke down because it was almost like the players were in shock that they could play good football and were too busy admiring their balls instead of passing and moving into space.

He's got to get that balance right on the pitch

He was spot on about players passing the buck and putting team mates into trouble. He was absolutely spot on about lacking belief as well.

There were moments 2nd half when we had the ball we played some lovely quick passing and it broke down because it was almost like the players were in shock that they could play good football and were too busy admiring their balls instead of passing and moving into space.

He's got to get that balance right on the pitch
For me he needs to stop changing the shape/formation every time we play one of the better teams as we are not suited yet to tying what he wants with the players we have who are not use to it, as he did again for the 3rd time after the 1st 2 games, Its our Final game wednesday before we then have a complete 3 week break were we then return Wed 3rd Nov away v Leicester in the cup [as said its 4 weeks today League wise] - based on teams we have played compared to last season same grounds, we are 4 points up so far [2 wins we drew both 1-1 last season] - and win v Brighton at Walton Park [who we drew 2-2 with] would have us 6 points up

Is the women's going backwards currently or what? apart from the game against Birmingham(?) the other week they seem to be getting destroyed regularly. I thought there'd been some investment there?

Is the women's going backwards currently or what? apart from the game against Birmingham(?) the other week they seem to be getting destroyed regularly. I thought there'd been some investment there?
Games against the Top 3 were never going to be an instant win, the same top 3 have been that way for the last 7 years, having so many new players at once was always going to be hard as pretty much they are in the 11, and not subs-but the Quality of player has gone way up we have bought, but people expected better performances probably v them, but as said he keeps changing the system v the better teams which new players have not got use to-never mind the normal ones, when you consider Everton will have played the Top 3 in 7 of the last 9 games in cup/league after Wednesday including the final few weeks of last season, or 8 in 12 after Mid november, we have been one on heck of a bad run to have new players/ try a new system that no one likes etc

Games against the Top 3 were never going to be an instant win, the same top 3 have been that way for the last 7 years, having so many new players at once was always going to be hard as pretty much they are in the 11, and not subs-but the Quality of player has gone way up we have bought, but people expected better performances probably v them, but as said he keeps changing the system v the better teams which new players have not got use to-never mind the normal ones, when you consider Everton will have played the Top 3 in 7 of the last 9 games in cup/league after Wednesday including the final few weeks of last season, or 8 in 12 after Mid november, we have been one on heck of a bad run to have new players/ try a new system that no one likes etc
You know things have been poor recently when even Sarah Halpin has been pretty quiet on the socials.

You know things have been poor recently when even Sarah Halpin has been pretty quiet on the socials.
She has to be careful off course with what she says you would think with been with the Girls all the time, can you imagine if she bad mouthed the players/boss etc, and then had to face them - i would not want to be her if she did lol

She has to be careful off course with what she says you would think with been with the Girls all the time, can you imagine if she bad mouthed the players/boss etc, and then had to face them - i would not want to be her if she did lol
What's pretty funny is that she was really active both pre and post Birmingham game the other week yet not heard a peep this weekend lol even she knew that we'd likely get tonked again.

What's pretty funny is that she was really active both pre and post Birmingham game the other week yet not heard a peep this weekend lol even she knew that we'd likely get tonked again.
When you have not beat Arsenal for 10 years any comp or even drew with them in 9 years,, not beat Man City in 17 games in a row and lost all, and bar the cup win v chelsea that is the same, i think there is always a chance it would carry on, i can see pretty much a lot of these been the same squad next season -instead of the usual were we get rid of lots and do what we just did in get lots in just for the reason the squad has so much Quality now, so hopefully after a year together we will get better v the better teams, he wants 2 in Jan so far-if we go and get them, plus somehow despite not playing many games, we had 5/6 Injuries which is a little mad

1.1 million people watched the women's game between Man utd and Man city saturday, a new TV WSL Record, the viewing figures are just going up and up

Still no sign of Everton so far been on The FA Player-which i expect

Anyone know if Emslie being injured made a noticeable difference? We were at the Reading game and she was our best player by some distance. Every time Reading looked like applying a bit of pressure she would come back and provide an outlet to get us out of trouble. Also took her goal really well, great finish. That aside there was a real gulf in class between the two teams overall. Reading's defending for the 1st was truly awful.

Anyone know if Emslie being injured made a noticeable difference? We were at the Reading game and she was our best player by some distance. Every time Reading looked like applying a bit of pressure she would come back and provide an outlet to get us out of trouble. Also took her goal really well, great finish. That aside there was a real gulf in class between the two teams overall. Reading's defending for the 1st was truly awful.
If she could have played as well v Arsenal as she has done the last 2 games v Reading and Birmingham as for me she was the stand out both games, we will never know, doing it against Arsenal is off course a lot harder to do than v the so called easier teams with the boss changing everything the harder the team is instead of leaving it - she none stop never stops running forwards or back to help out

Status
Not open for further replies.