The Abuse of Heitinga on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh agreed- you can always take it back a phase or two and say so and so shouldnt have lost the ball, someone else should have made a tackle etc etc. The bottom line is another ball in the box and Heitinga made no attempt to do anything. Even if he had jumped ho would have maybe put him off a bit.

Really sick of the goals we have been conceding- they used to our bread and butter but now I panic anytime any kind of long ball or cross is put into the box because we dont deal with them.

Graeme Sharp used to be boss at slotting.

Now he gets startled by pandas.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Lol - an excuse to post this classic again:

efc__1342753956_panda-on-lap.jpg

Last edited:
I thought Heitinga was OK yesterday. I don't mind him as much when he's playing alongside Distin. They've been a fairly solid pairing in the past.

a) he knows he'll be starting the next 2 weeks.

b ) he's one of the most talented players on this squad.

Its time for him to step up and be the same player that was our POY last season.

Could have sworn he did okay last season.

He did ok from that New Year run when the pressure was off and we weren't expected to do anything. Who didn't play welll then? When we needed clean sheets this season to keep a push going he's looked very ropey.

He did ok from that New Year run when the pressure was off and we weren't expected to do anything. Who didn't play welll then? When we needed clean sheets this season to keep a push going he's looked very ropey.

Heitinga (although part of) was not the main problem with our top 4 push. The fact we couldn't finish teams of and kept drawing was.. It is the draws and always will be the draws that have screwed us. 9 points behind Spurs is just ridiculous considering our position 5-6 weeks ago.

Whats the point in doing it tho, why do it, to make them selves feel better. It's not like Heitinga is going to go 'I thought I was great but some fella on twitter told me I was useless so I'll try harder. More likeley to go, What a bunch of arse holes, not like i messed up on purpose' and he'd be right! A player's going through a bad spell of form and some think abusing (or even criticizing) him on twitter is a good idea, idiots!
A guy wrote into F365 (might have been a wind-up but seemed sincere) to claim credit for getting Rooney's form corrected because he wrote some article on the internet a while back and then Rooney started playing better immediately afterwards. He was writing in to defend the practice of attacking players because "it works."

So don't underestimate the ability of these people to delude themselves into thinking they are genuinely helping. I think, as a rule and as crazy as it sounds, they really think they are doing something helpful.

Almost every player is criticized at some point in the season and almost every player has a dip in form at some point. So morons who don't understand correlation/causation think their booing or twitter harassment is helping these players recover from the poor form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back