The Battle of Goodison

It's probably a good job we don't meet Millwall that often imo.
I was there that day as the used the side Turnstile to take Gwladys street - Got in the paddock to see the bloodbath as knives & weapons were in use - ST John's Ambulance men with stretchers with blood dripping through the canvas running past me towards the park end - I think 2 or 3 Millwall fans died .... we got beat 2-0 in the FA Cup that day - awful scenes from the travelling fans - v the Gwladys street - a non contest .....

Bremner was the worst.
Little faux hard man scrote. Vs real hard man

1627473869.jpg

He turned us down as he wanted sole control & John Moores would no t give him that - also he hated the fact of being under the scrutiny of the Anfield lot -
Booby Robson very nearly cane to us twice on both occasions a deal was done &, on the precept that John Moores kept in quiet until he told his Ipswich chairman - Moore's told the papers twice in advance of the deal thinking a handshake sealed the deal - some say Robson did this to get a pay rise of Ipswich to stay & used us just to do that ....

Revie was going to come - but changed his mind at the last minute - Billy Bingham was about 4th choice ended up coming here ....
Recall the second attempt, I also think Robson was a perfect fit for us too, shame Moore's couldn't be more discreet.

My recollections of Revie were more of his stint for England than Leeds but do remember thinking his Leeds teams were hard as nails but still played some great football.

I think until Rooney scored in that 1-0 win at Elland Road we hadn’t won there since a 2-1 win when we were in the second division, Dave Hickson got one of the goals. We were not in the same division for a lot of those years I must add!!
He hated Elland Road but he was a bit of "lad" in his day and he said going there was a guaranteed beef somewhere but never a win on the pitch. To see him now hard to believe he liked to throw a few haymakers lol

Recall the second attempt, I also think Robson was a perfect fit for us too, shame Moore's couldn't be more discreet.

My recollections of Revie were more of his stint for England than Leeds but do remember thinking his Leeds teams were hard as nails but still played some great football.
I have got memories of Leeds battering Southampton 7-0 and Leeds knocking the ball around the pitch
While soton players running round in circles

Not Millwall in the cup?
A one sided affair, where wide eyed cockneys thought they'd take the street end.
Unfortunately they regretted it,and blamed the police.
I recall taking my spec in the Paddock and as I came onto the terrace all I saw was a trail of Londoners being led up the pathway alongside the pitch by St. John's Ambulance volunteers and they were all swathed in bloodstained bandages and towels.