The Big Rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't like is how some of yous jump on the bandwagon for certain players. Since joining us dele alli has been bad, he must have been bad in training too because he's rarely been picked. He had one reasonable game against Palace (certainly wasn't the best player on the pitch) and fans talk about him like some sort of saviour.

He's not up to it, he will not help us and its clear to see. For around 2-3 seasons now he's been performing terribly. We need better than that at this club or can expect more of the same next season.

Ideally, two new centrebacks (first team) and three new CM (first team) who can pass. Move out all our midfielders (except Doucs)
Move out M.Keane or bench him and bring him on as a striker if we need a goal. I'm glad he scored the goal that spark our comeback, but if he is probably responsible for nearly 90% of the 66 goals we conceded this season.

Realistically? I think we could only sign 1 CB and 1 CM.

Also they have to be able to play with the ball.

Think lamps isn't changing his long term approach

Wonder if that was a statement from Frank today, as in ' Without certain key players, this is what I've got ' ?

Release: Kenny, Delph, Sigurðsson, Tosun, Lonergan

Loan return: van der Beek, El Ghazi

Sold: Kean (€31m), Virgínia (€5m)

Likely to go: Mina (Our best CB albeit injury prone, unless he signs a new contract, Tarkowski could be his replacement, for free), Gomes (Big wages, offer nothing, hope we get a couple of millions back), Gbamin (Done).

25 men squad:-

Keeper: Pickford, Begović, Crellin
Right-back: Patterson, Coleman
Left-back: Nkounkou, Mykolenko
Centre-back: Holgate, Keane, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Tarkowski (free)
CM: Allan, Doucouré, Davies, Gallagher (loan with obligation to buy, he idolised Frank by the way)
AM: Iwobi, Dele
Winger: Richarlison, Gray, Townsend, Gordon, Johnson (£20m)
Striker: Calvert-Lewin, Rondón

Young players off to the Championship or League 1 on loan to gain experience. Boardhead (24 though), Simms, Price, Dobbin, Onyango.

We keep all our best players without breaking ffp. Offer our best players extensions. Happy days.
I like this but think Adam Johnson at £20m is a risk for a few reasons.

If we're in for Gallagher then Chelsea will look at who they can take the other way, bearing in mind our financial predicament this may be the only way. Guessing they're covered keeper wise, which leaves Richy n DCL. If they decide to bin off Lukaku then DCL could be the perfect fix for them ?

For those that are unaware, the champions league Is undergoing a complete revamp in the 24/25 season.

Based on my understanding of the qualification rules for the competition it is very likely that there will be at least 5 teams in the prem that will be competing in the champions league pretty much most seasons and according to the Athletic under certain circumstances it could even be as many as 7.

For decades all we’ve heard about is the so called “top 4”. Well it looks like now more than 4 clubs from one league can qualify for the champions league if certain criteria is met.

For me this signifies a more realistic chance now of qualifying for the champions league. The next 2 years of recruitment will be so important in order to see if we will be able to compete for a top 6 spot.

For those that are unaware, the champions league Is undergoing a complete revamp in the 24/25 season.

Based on my understanding of the qualification rules for the competition it is very likely that there will be at least 5 teams in the prem that will be competing in the champions league pretty much most seasons and according to the Athletic under certain circumstances it could even be as many as 7.

For decades all we’ve heard about is the so called “top 4”. Well it looks like now more than 4 clubs from one league can qualify for the champions league if certain criteria is met.

For me this signifies a more realistic chance now of qualifying for the champions league. The next 2 years of recruitment will be so important in order to see if we will be able to compete for a top 6 spot.
Will stay as top four unless one of the "big boys" miss out then they will extend it to legacy teams lol. Won't effect us at all

Will stay as top four unless one of the "big boys" miss out then they will extend it to legacy teams lol. Won't effect us at all
Wrong based on this season clubs in England and Netherlands would have got slots three and four

Qualification for the Champions League will continue to be open and depend on a club’s final position in the previous season’s domestic league competition. The additional four slots available in 2024/25 will be allocated according to three different criteria:

• Slot one: One of the additional places will go to the club ranked third in the championship of the association in fifth position in the UEFA national association ranking.
  • Slot two: Another will be awarded to a domestic champion by extending from four to five the number of clubs qualifying via the so-called 'Champions Path'.
  • Slots three and four: Awarded to the two clubs with the highest club coefficients that have not qualified automatically for the Champions League’s league stage, but have qualified either for the Champions League qualification phase or the Europa League/the Europa Conference League (due to start in the 2021/22 season).

Status
Not open for further replies.