• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggs

Player Valuation: £100m
Well, this time next week we will know the outcome. I do think it’s a little ironic that the European Champions finalists haven’t even been Champions of England for a collective 88 years.

The banners, posters and bunting are out, next door but has full sized Klopp and Salah images in their porch either side of the front door. I avoid walking or driving past.

I live in hope that Brian Labone’s was right when he said ‘it’s very rare to beat a team 3 times in a season’. Come on you Spurs.

Last edited:
Potential for it to be a cracking game, if nerves don't get to the teams. I think the rs' experience gives them the edge, but Spurs have had an element of destiny in the so-called 'Champions League ' this year, similar to that lot in 2005. Just a shame Chas and Dave aren't around, them doing a CL song would have been great!

I am taking it,its spurs year lol-always look for the things that say its there year,with them getting lucky but right with the man city goal disallowed last minute followed by the Ajax last second goal,I think Liverpool beating Barcelona that was always a good chance that could happen the way they did-even by at least 1800 predicting it in bets on pp i think it was lol

If Kane was match fit with a run of games behind him clicking with Son Ali and co.
I'd fancy spurs to win.
But it's been a long season for the rs
The 2 week break could do more damage than good in terms of momentum for them.
Spurs tails will be up after the better semi result.

I'm resigned to the fact that the rs will probably win this, its the lesser of 2 evils (compared to the league) so I won't be as arsed as if they'd won the league.

BUT.......

I don't know what it is, I've got a feeling they'll completely collapse and Spurs will batter them. Just the whole season taken its toll and then too long a break that'll work against them.

Probably wishful thinking on my part but can't help think Spurs are gonna do them.

Hope I'm wrong obviously but I don't think spuds have it to beat them, kane if he plays won't be fit and I don't think Ali nor Son are as effective without Kane on full throttle.I cannot see the back line of spuds being able to keep the rs at bay, I can see next weekend being a bad weekend.

Hope I'm wrong obviously but I don't think spuds have it to beat them, kane if he plays won't be fit and I don't think Ali nor Son are as effective without Kane on full throttle.I cannot see the back line of spuds being able to keep the rs at bay, I can see next weekend being a bad weekend.

Son has proven already he flourishes without Kane. If anything, I don’t think he’s as good when Kane plays.

I’d pick a front 3 of Moura, Kane and Son with Ali dropped if it was up to me.

I’ve no worries about Son playing as an out and out 9 though if Kane isn’t match fit.

I’m a massive fan of Son tbh.
Kane needs to be fit they are obviously a much better side with him, for me Son is better when drifting on the left he will get more room as well if Kane plays, same with Alli and Moura.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back