• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we respectfully close this Spuds related thread and ask @Yid4life to open a new one about his club ? Thank you.
Good shout, there is a lot of Spurs chat, which is fine, but we dont need a reminder about this final.
A Spurs thread could be good since we have them for loads of other clubs, from Newcastle to Ipswich.

I'm not sure you could call the preparations a success, you were absolutely awful in the final and won in spite of them rather than because of them. I realise everyone will be keen on mutual backslapping now but performance wise it was very poor
Agreed on the performance. Possibly one of the worst since Klopp took over. My bum was definitely twitching before Origi buried his chance. As much as Kane was unfit, Firminho was equally off the pace and the passing was poor.

I met one of them who was delighted to show where the next star was going.

I congratulated him with Evertonian dignity. I have no tattoos nor has anyone in my family.

This will help me through the current difficulty.
My brother is a massive RS and he’s fine with me: has given plenty of wellie to our uncle who follows Man U though. Must be a lot harder for Evertonians in the city of Liverpool as those of us outside it don’t get much stick from RS as they take aim at United fans and vice versa. We have it easy compared to Scouse blues.

The only real difficulty is avoiding stuff online. Happened to catch a glimpse of Henderson holding the Champions League trophy while scrolling down the BBC home page and i couldn’t get out of there quicker. Few YouTube videos with RS content from BT Sport have appeared also. Newspapers I haven’t read in ages so that’s easy to avoid.

I hadn’t watched it live myself. Had I stayed in the house I would have been tempted to have a look so I got on the bike and cycled for almost two hours around beautiful countryside...cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone wanting to avoid anything news related. Others who avoided it on here watched a film, mowed the lawn etc.

It’s impossible in today’s society to avoid it completely though. Any news site/channel and it’s there, images of Henderson lifting the trophy, herr Klopp grinning. The worst was the still images of the penalty uploaded on here (what should have been the non penalty). No intent with the ball hitting the chest first, and as another poster on here rightly stated Mane aims the ball at the arm. Who else was the ball going to?

Feel for Spurs. Becoming a Champions League winning club would have transformed them. They would have also won a trophy in each of the last seven decades (only Man U have done this) as this was their last chance to do so this decade. Poch deserves a big prize. No money spent in three transfer windows is it? The ground situation where they have had such a disrupted season with constant delays. Plus they had so many players coming back late from the World Cup. Finishing top four in these circumstances is a great achievement, winning a trophy would have topped it off.

True yes winning that champions league, would be something Spurs would always have over Arsenal.It would have have changed, the whole dynamic of the north London derby.But as it it is they produced a limp display in the final, and their status, as the great bridesmaids of english football is firmly intact.

Magnificent achievement by City. We don't say we won the cup, the records do.

Nope, I've literally seen human beings who seem to have glued 6 fingers in the air running round to anyone who will listen say "6 times lad, 6 times lad, 6 times lad"

There's that 5 times song you've been doing since 2005, can't wait to hear the updated remix version now that number 6 has been won.

True yes winning that champions league, would be something Spurs would always have over Arsenal.It would have have changed, the whole dynamic of the north London derby.But as it it is they produced a limp display in the final, and their status, as the great bridesmaids of english football is firmly intact.
Totally. Sad case that I am I did a test edit on Spurs’ Wikipedia page just to see what Champions League winners would look like. Here’s the other trophies in the second paragraph https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C. To see ‘won the Champions League’ just made them look different, a new identity, and yeah, lording it over Arsenal for the first time since 1961. All those years of playing second fiddle to Henry, Bergkamp and co. wiped out. Can see why Arsenal are relieved...especially since they bottled the CL during their peak years under Wenger. Spurs are still a great club, but a CL would have skyrocketed their status.

Also changed “They have collected at least one major trophy in each of the six decades from the 1950s to 2000s – an achievement only matched by Manchester United”....to....”They have collected at least one major trophy in each of the seven decades from the 1950s to 2010s – an achievement only matched by Manchester United”. Sadly (for them) this decade they will have won nowt, so while it was a rather impressive feat, it ends.

Please stop bumping this thread, its bad enough driving along the Strand and seeing the large 6 times billboard, without a reminder on here as well

:locked:
God help ye. I’ve only had to put up with neighbours having flags out (only for the youngsters so it’s not too bad). My last post on this so no more from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back