• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confession, I did and have not seen the game, or RS goals scored. I have only got back to buying a newspaper today.

It's all history now, and they have won it 6 times, cretins who have not stepped foot into Analfield for the past 10 years, are all out getting that additional star for their tattoo.

I'm resigned to all now.
:(

Confession, I did and have not seen the game, or RS goals scored. I have only got back to buying a newspaper today.

It's all history now, and they have won it 6 times, cretins who have not stepped foot into Analfield for the past 10 years, are all out getting that additional star for their tattoo.

I'm resigned to all now.
I hadn’t watched it live myself. Had I stayed in the house I would have been tempted to have a look so I got on the bike and cycled for almost two hours around beautiful countryside...cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone wanting to avoid anything news related. Others who avoided it on here watched a film, mowed the lawn etc.

It’s impossible in today’s society to avoid it completely though. Any news site/channel and it’s there, images of Henderson lifting the trophy, herr Klopp grinning. The worst was the still images of the penalty uploaded on here (what should have been the non penalty). No intent with the ball hitting the chest first, and as another poster on here rightly stated Mane aims the ball at the arm. Who else was the ball going to?

Feel for Spurs. Becoming a Champions League winning club would have transformed them. They would have also won a trophy in each of the last seven decades (only Man U have done this) as this was their last chance to do so this decade. Poch deserves a big prize. No money spent in three transfer windows is it? The ground situation where they have had such a disrupted season with constant delays. Plus they had so many players coming back late from the World Cup. Finishing top four in these circumstances is a great achievement, winning a trophy would have topped it off.

Most oppo fans keep telling me how rubbish Rose, Tripper, Dier, Dele, Sanchez, Foyth, Sissoko, Aurier and Llorente are.

We only have 5 decent payers apparently, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Winks and (greedy) Kane.

Poch must be some manager to get 4 straight top 4s and a CL final with that bunch of dross.

Isn’t the point that Poch is a fantastic manager, and that all of the first group of players you mentioned are fine and ok to challenge for 4th, but definitely players you could improve on?

That’s been the recipe for finishing top 4 for years and years, a good side overall, a few really top players, and a good coach.

Arsenal were exactly that for a long time. And kept getting top 4.

The CL final appearance had its share of luck, but also that your best players were big at the biggest moments. Which is what you need.

Let's get used to them winning the Champions League again then. Two finals in two years, no mean feat at all. They've just made megabucks and will improve this summer no doubt about it.

Let's also not forget they were one Manchester City goal away from winning the league. If Kompany hadn't scored that, they'd have taken it. It was as close as it gets. It's scary how Klopp has them playing out of their skins every week. Didn't they put about 10 wins together after they drew with us?

I don't think they bottled the league. That would have meant more defeats for me. Their 'bad' form consisted of dropping about 7 points in 6 games and that was it, then they powered home winning every game for three months. Losing to an even richer team, with even more expensive players, by a mere point, ain't that bad.

It sure is depressing knowing they will be there or there about for the foreseeable.
They have players who have doubled their fitness in a season. Any other sport and they would-be accused of being juiced.

Y4life, don't know if you saw this but our coaching staff/scouts saw similarities between Spurs and Benfica's B team and arranged a friendly. Here is a split screen showing the build up to the penalty
Liverpool FC (@LFC) Tweeted:
From Marbella to Madrid.

How our #UCL preparations paid off.

I'm not sure you could call the preparations a success, you were absolutely awful in the final and won in spite of them rather than because of them. I realise everyone will be keen on mutual backslapping now but performance wise it was very poor

You can lose 4 times and win the domestic treble !

Over the course of a long league season, the odds are your gonna get beat at some point.

But 4 defeats and then call yourself the Champions of Europe.... Nah, no wonder no one's arsed they won it as its akin to the European Caraboa Cup now. Sound like Port Vale fans singing "6 times we've won that Leyland Daf trophy lad"

I'm resigned to all now.

I met one of them who was delighted to show where the next star was going.

I congratulated him with Evertonian dignity. I have no tattoos nor has anyone in my family.

This will help me through the current difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back