• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said you stumbled over the line to get 4th (not that you will be arsed like)

Arsenal and Utd have been hounded for having terrible seasons yet you finished just 5 points above Utd and 1 point above Arsenal
Long season, loads of games. Small squad. They hit the target of top four and cudda won the champions league on another day. Not a bad year.

Long season, loads of games. Small squad. They hit the target of top four and cudda won the champions league on another day. Not a bad year.

Agreed, I just think they've peaked under Poch, There losing there best midfielder and can see the manager thinking about leaving for a bigger club after the CL defeat

Most oppo fans keep telling me how rubbish Rose, Tripper, Dier, Dele, Sanchez, Foyth, Sissoko, Aurier and Llorente are.

We only have 5 decent payers apparently, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Winks and (greedy) Kane.

Poch must be some manager to get 4 straight top 4s and a CL final with that bunch of dross.
Spurs’ first XI are outstanding. Best attacking unit to come to Goodison last season. The quick interplay ripped us to pieces. You scored six, could have been ten. It was a privilege to see Son in particular, fabulous player.

Kane shouldn’t have started the final though. Moura was the form player, and fully match fit.

With Kane having done it for years I get the temptation to start him in the biggest game in club football for the biggest prize, but he wasn’t anywhere near ready to start. Brazil started Ronaldo in the ‘98 World Cup when he shouldn’t have been anywhere near that line up...but because it was the biggest game in international football they felt they had to as losing without him starting would have caused World War III in Brazil. The difference with Kane though is everyone knew he wasn’t 100% (Rio Ferdinand said beforehand, “if I’m playing against Spurs today I hope Kane starts”), so there wouldn’t have been any repercussions for Poch in not starting him. He was ready to play 30 to 45 minutes at best. Having him on the bench, bringing him on at the hour mark, fresh, surely was the wise move. The RS defensive set up is far too good to overcome for any player not 100%.

He definitely aimed the ball straight at him, not against the rules but typical Rs gamesmanship
That too. He saw the arm out and aimed it at him.

Last edited:

People being a tad harsh, they were in a title challenge until they completely fell away but they still made it all the way to the Champions league final. Plenty of clubs would kill for that season. Moved into a new ground too.

Y4life, don't know if you saw this but our coaching staff/scouts saw similarities between Spurs and Benfica's B team and arranged a friendly. Here is a split screen showing the build up to the penalty
Liverpool FC (@LFC) Tweeted:
From Marbella to Madrid.

How our #UCL preparations paid off.

People being a tad harsh, they were in a title challenge until they completely fell away but they still made it all the way to the Champions league final. Plenty of clubs would kill for that season. Moved into a new ground too.

Fluked their way to the final of a cup competition against another team incapable of winning their own league. Hardly a city like season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back