• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 59658
Can’t disagree with any of that if I’m honest.
A lot of truth in that. On one hand he’s a world class finisher, but he’s a greedy, selfish bugger who puts himself first over the team. He passes to Sterling that’s England in the World Cup final (I’m Irish and I was hoping England would do it).

Spurs also seem to play better without him. Son especially goes up another level as he has more freedom to play. Everything goes through Kane and it inhibits the others. Moura should have started on Saturday..he was fully fit, plus it was his goals that got them there.

I think this will set Spurs back a bit myself.

That performance will be hard to shake off.

They didn't bottle it, they were just nowhere near winning that final.
Winning that final would have been a game changer for Spurs. Was just looking at their honours section on Wikipedia. To have UEFA Champions League (2018-19) on that list would have skyrocketed their status in the game. They would have a different identity than they have now. It would have also transformed their rivalry with Arsenal as the first club from north London to win the European Cup.

Didn’t see the game (went cycling in the countryside for almost two hours and only caught injury time), but by all accounts Spurs were the better team in the second half. You have to take those chances when they come about as it’s so rare. Liverpool expect to get to these finals, but Spurs don’t have that mentality as its unchartered territory for them. You wonder if they will be back anytime soon on that stage. Arsenal had a chance in 2006 and blew it (Henry missed a sitter to make it 2-0 over Barca with 15 to go) and they haven’t been near it since. Not winning the Champions League is a permanent scar for that class Arsenal side.

If Poch stays, and Spurs keep their star men, then they can come back from this. It will need massive amounts of belief they can go all the way again though, a shift in club mentality, and then if they get there to get over the line. They have a great stadium, the best in the league, so things are well set for them so long as they keep pushing on.

Humm, Spurs has the second lowest net spend on transfers in the premiership. Yet they've qualified for Champions League, made it to the final and a stunnimg stadium.

Lazy thinking like we have to spend big to win trophies isn't enough. We have to come up with far more imaginative ideas to improve our squad such as tactics, philosophy, travel of directions and getting our transfer targets right. Otherwise we'll end up pissing the money in the wind.

Net spend

You do realise putting blue in your name then talking about net spend just makes it too easy?

A lot of truth in that. On one hand he’s a world class finisher, but he’s a greedy, selfish bugger who puts himself first over the team. He passes to Sterling that’s England in the World Cup final (I’m Irish and I was hoping England would do it).

Spurs also seem to play better without him. Son especially goes up another level as he has more freedom to play. Everything goes through Kane and it inhibits the others. Moura should have started on Saturday..he was fully fit, plus it was his goals that got them there.

Winning that final would have been a game changer for Spurs. Was just looking at their honours section on Wikipedia. To have UEFA Champions League (2018-19) on that list would have skyrocketed their status in the game. They would have a different identity than they have now. It would have also transformed their rivalry with Arsenal as the first club from north London to win the European Cup.

Didn’t see the game (went cycling in the countryside for almost two hours and only caught injury time), but by all accounts Spurs were the better team in the second half. You have to take those chances when they come about as it’s so rare. Liverpool expect to get to these finals, but Spurs don’t have that mentality as its unchartered territory for them. You wonder if they will be back anytime soon on that stage. Arsenal had a chance in 2006 and blew it (Henry missed a sitter to make it 2-0 over Barca with 15 to go) and they haven’t been near it since. Not winning the Champions League is a permanent scar for that class Arsenal side.

If Poch stays, and Spurs keep their star men, then they can come back from this. It will need massive amounts of belief they can go all the way again though, a shift in club mentality, and then if they get there to get over the line. They have a great stadium, the best in the league, so things are well set for them so long as they keep pushing on.
Think poch will leave is someone good comes in for him. Erikson looks like his off, alderwielder is available for cheap as well I think
Kane is 26 in july and has never won a trophy, I think if poch goes he will go aswell. Still an outside chance of poch going to united taking Erikson and kane with him.

Those pictures are shocking. What the hell were the officials looking at during the VAR decision?

I’m sorry but that’s never a penalty. I avoided watching the game live so had no idea how the penalty came about (there was next to no mention of any controversy in the news) so when I saw it later I couldn’t believe it was given, and this WITH video technology being used. The officials couldn’t use the excuse they didn’t see it.

If the ball hits another part of your body, then ricochets onto your arm, that’s NEVER a penalty as there is clearly no intent. Has there been a rule change that intent or not is irrelevant, if it hits your arm it’s a penalty?

Those pictures are shocking. What the hell were the officials looking at during the VAR decision?

I’m sorry but that’s never a penalty. I avoided watching the game live so had no idea how the penalty came about (there was next to no mention of any controversy in the news) so when I saw it later I couldn’t believe it was given, and this WITH video technology being used. The officials couldn’t use the excuse they didn’t see it.

If the ball hits another part of your body, then ricochets onto your arm, that’s NEVER a penalty as there is clearly no intent. Has there been a rule change that intent or not is irrelevant, if it hits your arm it’s a penalty?
He definitely aimed the ball straight at him, not against the rules but typical Rs gamesmanship

Think poch will leave is someone good comes in for him. Erikson looks like his off, alderwielder is available for cheap as well I think
Kane is 26 in july and has never won a trophy, I think if poch goes he will go aswell. Still an outside chance of poch going to united taking Erikson and kane with him.
Great news if they all go and Momo Salad and Plug Van Jerk amscray. Top 4 becomes even more open.

Y4life, what are your thoughts on Dele's form over the last 18 months? He was poor last Saturday and seems to be in a rut. I think you were let down badly by Poch playing Kane from the start when, IMO, he would have been better coming on for last 20. The few Spurs fans I spoke to after the game were shocked Lucas didn't start. His pace behind our full backs was something that could have hurt us on that heat.

Y4life, what are your thoughts on Dele's form over the last 18 months? He was poor last Saturday and seems to be in a rut. I think you were let down badly by Poch playing Kane from the start when, IMO, he would have been better coming on for last 20. The few Spurs fans I spoke to after the game were shocked Lucas didn't start. His pace behind our full backs was something that could have hurt us on that heat.

He has been played out of position a lot this season due to various injuries elsewhere. When he played in his proper position against Ajax he created two of Moura's chances.

Says it all really.

He has been played out of position a lot this season due to various injuries elsewhere. When he played in his proper position against Ajax he created two of Moura's chances.

Says it all really.
Nice one for the reply. That seems the next step for Spurs. Squad depth.

Hes the archetypal Youtube player. Terrible for the majority with a couple of good highlights for his show reel.

Yes the rules in European competition were changed, rather randomly, from the last 16 stage onwards, when VAR came in. I don't think they had it for the group stage?
If the arm is in an "unnatural position" then you are going to see those being given. They class it as trying to make yourself bigger almost like a goalkeeper.

Most oppo fans keep telling me how rubbish Rose, Tripper, Dier, Dele, Sanchez, Foyth, Sissoko, Aurier and Llorente are.

We only have 5 decent payers apparently, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Winks and (greedy) Kane.

Poch must be some manager to get 4 straight top 4s and a CL final with that bunch of dross.

Most oppo fans keep telling me how rubbish Rose, Tripper, Dier, Dele, Sanchez, Foyth, Sissoko, Aurier and Llorente are.

We only have 5 decent payers apparently, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Eriksen, Winks and (greedy) Kane.

Poch must be some manager to get 4 straight top 4s and a CL final with that bunch of dross.

Steady ship with a group of players that have been together for a good while

Utd/Arsenal and Chelsea all chopping and changing managers has helped your lot out massively

Arsenal where terrible this season yet you only just finished above them, Same with Utd

Can see both finishing above you this season if they have good transfer windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back