• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that proper hurts me the most is that we could have taken six points off them this season with a tiny, tiny bit of luck, yet they've gone and played their worst game of the season and comfortably won the Champions League. Sickening. The money they've won would pay our new stadium two times over.
Yes. And that tells you all you need to know about claims that they're 'back'.

They won a shiny trophy, they got a lot of exposure. That's all it's been.

They're still outside the elite and will remain there.

FFS, that's disgraceful.

How on earth does someone become that thick?

Talk about dancing on top of the graves of those people.

In cold text on the internet, it does. I have not heard the, if any, context the comment was couched in.

But as I am sure you will say, there isnt really any context that can excuse such a comment. And I agree.

Yes. And that tells you all you need to know about claims that they're 'back'.

They won a shiny trophy, they got a lot of exposure. That's all it's been.

They're still outside the elite and will remain there.
Unfortunately teams fall apart against them time and time again. Bayern scored 12 goals in the two domestic games either side of their second leg, yet didn't even shoot against them in Munich. Barca crumbled as pathetically as I've ever seen a side crumble, and Spurs probably played as badly as they've played in years, right when it counted. Mahrez's arse went at Anfield and he skied his penalty over, and even though we were probably the better team in both games, we took just a point. Palace should have beaten them at Anfield, but their keeper cacked his pants at the Kop end and threw the ball into his own net three times to hand them the full points. I can't see teams suddenly starting to not be scared of going to Anfield or simply not being afraid to face them in a big important match. I fear this season with yet another humongous comeback will only make it more difficult for teams to face them, even teams far superior on paper. Come on United ffs, get your act together and get back on your kin perch.

Unfortunately teams fall apart against them time and time again. Bayern scored 12 goals in the two domestic games either side of their second leg, yet didn't even shoot against them in Munich. Barca crumbled as pathetically as I've ever seen a side crumble, and Spurs probably played as badly as they've played in years, right when it counted. Mahrez's arse went at Anfield and he skied his penalty over, and even though we were probably the better team in both games, we took just a point. I can't see teams suddenly starting to not be scared of going to Anfield or simply not being afraid to face them in a big important match. I fear this season with yet another humongous comeback will only make it more difficult for teams to face them, even teams far superior on paper. Come on United ffs, get your act together and get back on your kin perch.
Cup competition. That's all it is. You play well in the right games and you get the rub of the green and you can end up winners of one. Twas ever thus.

The league, though, is the league. There's no fluking it. You either are an elite team that can take it when the chips are down and you hold your nerve, or you cant. They cant.

Cup competition. That's all it is. You play well in the right games and you get the rub of the green and you can end up winners of one. Twas ever thus.

The league, though, is the league. There's no fluking it. You either are an elite team that can take it when the chips are down and you hold your nerve, or you cant. They cant.
Let's get used to them winning the Champions League again then. Two finals in two years, no mean feat at all. They've just made megabucks and will improve this summer no doubt about it.

Let's also not forget they were one Manchester City goal away from winning the league. If Kompany hadn't scored that, they'd have taken it. It was as close as it gets. It's scary how Klopp has them playing out of their skins every week. Didn't they put about 10 wins together after they drew with us?

I don't think they bottled the league. That would have meant more defeats for me. Their 'bad' form consisted of dropping about 7 points in 6 games and that was it, then they powered home winning every game for three months. Losing to an even richer team, with even more expensive players, by a mere point, ain't that bad.

It sure is depressing knowing they will be there or there about for the foreseeable.

Let's get used to them winning the Champions League again then. Two finals in two years, no mean feat at all. They've just made megabucks and will improve this summer no doubt about it.

Let's also not forget they were one Manchester City goal away from winning the league. If Kompany hadn't scored that, they'd have taken it. It was as close as it gets. It's scary how Klopp has them playing out of their skins every week. Didn't they put about 10 wins together after they drew with us?

I don't think they bottled the league. That would have meant more defeats for me. Their 'bad' form consisted of dropping about 7 points in 6 games and that was it, then they powered home winning every game for three months. Losing to an even richer team, with even more expensive players, by a mere point, ain't that bad.

It sure is depressing knowing they will be there or there about for the foreseeable.
They had a 7 point lead in the league and blew it. Fact.

Two CL finals in two years means they get to win it again and again?

Sorry, dont follow that logic.

They had a 7 point lead in the league and blew it. Fact.

Two CL finals in two years means they get to win it again and again?

Sorry, dont follow that logic.
Every single team in the league has a blip. They had one, we had about 15, City's blip was them losing more games than the RS yet they were thankfully able to turn two draws into victories that the RS were not able to. They had their blips at slightly different times of the season, and all teams can expect to lose at the Etihad. 9 seasons out of 10 they win the league based on those points. If they get that amount next season, they'll win it.

What they did and City didn't was have the ability to not lose games while also win the biggest prize in European competition. Literally one different result either for them OR City and the RS secure an unbelievable double.

Cup team, that they are too. I fully expect them to get to the semis regularly for the immediate future.

Every single team in the league has a blip. They had one, we had about 15, City's blip was them losing more games than the RS yet they were thankfully able to turn two draws into victories that the RS were not able to. They had their blips at slightly different times of the season, and all teams can expect to lose at the Etihad. 9 seasons out of 10 they win the league based on those points. If they get that amount next season, they'll win it.

What they did and City didn't was have the ability to not lose games while also win the biggest prize in European competition. Literally one different result either for them OR City and the RS secure an unbelievable double.

Cup team, that they are too. I fully expect them to get to the semis regularly for the immediate future.

Who knows. They were very close to being knocked out of the group stage this year. Injuries, suspensions, loss of form... It's impossible to predict the future in football. Did anyone think his Dortmund team would be bottom by Christmas in his last season?

There's wasn't a blip: they lost form between the end of February to the beginning of March. They never lost in that time, but they did draw 4 and lost out on 8 points to allow City to get a grip of the title, which they never let go of again.

If you're going to be league champions you have to have the nerve. I say it again: they dont have it. 30 years of nonthingness backs up my point in spades. Their forte is to win cups. Sometimes anyway.

The thing that proper hurts me the most is that we could have taken six points off them this season with a tiny, tiny bit of luck, yet they've gone and played their worst game of the season and comfortably won the Champions League. Sickening. The money they've won would pay our new stadium two times over.

????

You get about £60m for winning the Champions League.

I would question why so many Liverpool fans have suddenly faces on here but I’ve already worked out the answer. They’re not Liverpool fans, they’re not even from the same continent as Liverpool and their knowledge of the club only extends to whatever the Wikipedia history of LFC says.

They of course could never understand this but to every actual fan on here and worldwide their is nothing more pathetic than your lesser spotted armchair fan who gives it large at work/online/ on the street despite having absolutely no idea about the culture, history or even how to be an actual football supporter. Pathetic creatures lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back