• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBC running a story saying this was the greatest Champions League season ever. Amazing. A couple of comebacks in the Semi Finals and a RS win and they lose all objectivity.

BBC running a story saying this was the greatest Champions League season ever. Amazing. A couple of comebacks in the Semi Finals and a RS win and they lose all objectivity.

The carry on is incredible. I feel like we didn't even get told City won the treble on the news yet this will be rammed down our throats all season. No wonder they're resented by almost every set of fans in the country, bar probably Newcastle.

Unnecessarily inflammatory comments from Klopp but I can't help thinking there's a grain of truth to what he's saying. It's difficult to convince little kids to support a mid-table club that's about to move in to a new stadium that's smaller than Newcastle's ground. Our board has no ambition and hasn't had for 30 years.

"I don't know exactly how many people live in Liverpool but it does not look like there is a lot of space for fans of other clubs."

"It is incredible. If you are a young kid, which do you support? There are not a lot of opportunities or options other than Liverpool."

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/spor...owners-want-to-extend-jurgen-klopps-contract/

They spent more than £100m more than us in wages in the 17/18season. Even bigger difference last season.

Thats getting on for nearly 1/4 of a £1billion in the last two seasons alone.

Not a big difference. A gigantic one.

Yup.

Until we start spending big we won't make it into the top 4, let alone the final of the CL.

Dodgy pen, bit of blasè about it from players. Let Spurs get the momentum that could have been punished if Kane was fit( same as Firmino). Alisson was solid when pressure was on. Was cacking it until Origi buried his chance. Boss being in the ground with my lad to see it.

No ITV news won't stop banging on. Kopite newsreader Alistair Stewart looks overjoyed. To all intents and purposes there is now only one team in the city.

They’ve just won the European Cup, why would we be relevant to mention on ITV news right now?

Think some of you need to get a grip and focus on Everton. “We don’t care what the RS say” after all...

Unnecessarily inflammatory comments from Klopp but I can't help thinking there's a grain of truth to what he's saying. It's difficult to convince little kids to support a mid-table club that's about to move in to a new stadium that's smaller than Newcastle's ground. Our board has no ambition and hasn't had for 30 years.

"I don't know exactly how many people live in Liverpool but it does not look like there is a lot of space for fans of other clubs."

"It is incredible. If you are a young kid, which do you support? There are not a lot of opportunities or options other than Liverpool."

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/spor...owners-want-to-extend-jurgen-klopps-contract/

Haha, you know for a fact he had that quote scribbled down for when they won the league... but they didn't.

Their obsession with us makes us even more relevant, ironic.

Born not manufactured.

They’ve just won the European Cup, why would we be relevant to mention on ITV news right now?

I actually wrote that bit thinking back to Alistair Stewart talking after the derby doing the sports bit - "Liverpool dropped two vital points in the title race, being held to a 0-0 draw at Everton."

He put such an emphasis on "Everton", he made it sound like they drew 0-0 at Solihul Moors or something. It's like there are only five teams now in the Premier League after Spurs took a dump, and if anyone else so much as gets a point v a 'big' team it's seen as a miracle. Or, of course, the 'big' team had a bad day.

No attention paid to Tottenham at all during the CL report by the way. no point of contrast. All about the RS. Someone needs to remember there are actually 20 teams in the Prem.

At work, I had a chat with a new writer that came on board. I told him who I supported, he's a Boro fan. He sympathised and said it's not easy supporting an "unusual team". Unusual team? Bloody hell. So that's what we are. A quirk, an "unusual team" to support. Perhaps, dare I say, the 'barstad child of LIVERPOOL'? That's clearly what the world thinks now, even though it's the other way around.

9 times league champions, 5 time FA Cup winners, but none of it matters and we're an "unusual team" to support because of THAT lot, and Chelsea's/Arsenal's/Man U's prior success. Sake. I'm going to watch some more cricket. I can't tell you just how much more infinitely enjoyable it was to watch compared to that CL final and most of last season!

Should be using this final as motivation to hit the ground running next season.

I see no reason, after using last season as a transition period, we should not be able to beat anyone.

I don't believe we are that far behind any of the top 6 (apart from CIty when they're firing on all cylinders)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back