• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
25odd years ago, I made a statement to few mates, that if Man U win the league they will dominate English football for years to come-and was proved correct. With what’s coming out of the media atm that Liverpool will dominate makes me laugh. They have been fortunate to use the same starting XI on many occasions, Klopp forfeited the fa and league cup to concentrate on the prem and cl. I really don’t think they have the strength in depth to dominate, yes they will be up there but not in the same vein as Man U were. Again, they have a great season but City are still the ones to beat imo. They went for four trophies and nearly succeeded. I hope Im correct again.

25odd years ago, I made a statement to few mates, that if Man U win the league they will dominate English football for years to come-and was proved correct. With what’s coming out of the media atm that Liverpool will dominate makes me laugh. They have been fortunate to use the same starting XI on many occasions, Klopp forfeited the fa and league cup to concentrate on the prem and cl. I really don’t think they have the strength in depth to dominate, yes they will be up there but not in the same vein as Man U were. Again, they have a great season but City are still the ones to beat imo. They went for four trophies and nearly succeeded. I hope Im correct again.
Two major trophies in 30 years. I cant complain about that, tbh.

If someone would have told me in 1990 that Murder Inc would have that + a couple of domestic pots I'd have snatched their hand off.

We've lived a charmed existence on that score at least.

By beating City and Ajax, Spurs just handed them the cup. I doubt the rs would have beaten them two in the final.

20 years ago Manchester City were struggling in the third tier of English football. Their city rivals Manchester United had just won a historic treble. There was no realistic prospect of Man City ever making it to the same division as their more illustrious rivals, let alone challenging their supremacy.

Anything is possible in football.

Liverpool, in my mind, are undeserved winners of the Champions League.

The penalty decision was a joke considering the ball came off Sissoko's armpit before questionably hitting his arm. Hardly intentional to hand ball, is it now? The ball wasn't travelling towards goal. Looks like the game of football is going to be ruined if officials are continuing to artificially define what constitutes a penalty.

Obviously, Spurs were affected by the penalty decision. Alderweireld was more concerned about having his arms behind his back than closing down Origi before his second goal.

It was a sloppy Spurs performance yet still managed to dominate the game with 65 per cent possessions. Pochettino's team selection was based on sentiment rather than form/logic. Liverpool didn't do enough to win the game, Spurs and the match officials just handed the game to them.

I am so disappointed as I hate RS so so much. So so much.

MoM: the referee for his part in securing Liverpool's historic Champions League victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back