• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

The Champions League Final - Spurs v The Other Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this will set Spurs back a bit myself.

That performance will be hard to shake off.

They didn't bottle it, they were just nowhere near winning that final.
They had no business being there after stumbling through the group stage, and then being out-classed throughout the majority of the quarters and semis. They're just a good team that managed to capitalise on a couple of one-in-a-lifetime opportunities.

I was absolutely gutted watching it all unfold, but it wasn't the same as when Liverpool beat a Milan team that could have been a World XI, or if they'd got over the line against a City team that reached 100 points a year ago. They squeezed past a side that they beat twice every season, and who would struggle to even qualify for the competition if United and Arsenal got their acts together.

You are embarrassing yourself and our fan base how can it be 30 years when they won it in 1990 and it is now 2019. There is only one team in the City who haven't won it for 30 years or more and it is us. Then you keep on going on about us stopping them lot from winning the League. Something which is incredibly small time especially since March's draw meant we hadn't won a Derby for 19 games the worst run in our history.

Games without a winDates
19Oct 2010 to present
15Mar 1972 to Apr 1978
9Apr 2000 to Jan 2004
9Dec 1988 to Feb 1991
9Mar 1981 to Mar 1984
9Feb 1915 to Oct 1922
Gave yourself away there didn't you.

I'll tell you wants really "embarrassing" lad. Its signing up to a rival teams forum in mid May so you can be ready to attempt to wind up a bunch of strangers on the internet only to give the game away in your first post.

I've been away since Friday I didn't watch the match obviously I know the scrum won and I know it makes no difference but did they beat them fairly.

To win the European Cup 30 yrs ago, you had to be the best team over 42 games to be in it. Now, you can be the 4th best team to qualify for it. Imo its a diluted competition but still a massive one to win. Football has changed and all sports need to evolve, this is what they have done with the Champions League and Europa League. It is all about the money and the money clubs hence the changes- Europa winners into the CL for example. There will be more changes in the near future.

This forum was being ridiculed and laughed at days ago on the biggest football forum on the planet (1.5 million registered posters) at soccer Reddit about some posts here demeaning the CL calling it a League Cup etc.

How's this for ya?

Lasts nights win crowns Liverpool as the greatest and biggest team in the world.

This forum was being ridiculed and laughed at days ago on the biggest football forum on the planet (1.5 million registered posters) at soccer Reddit about some posts here demeaning the CL calling it a League Cup etc.

It was pretty embarrassing reading, Steve0 still continuing in the same vein i see.
Dear God, you're one cripplingly sad individual. Still playing this game even now. Dont you have any actual friends or even acquaintances that you could celebrate today with?

And you have the nerve to call anyone sad?!

Pochettino must be wondering if he's blown his only crack at winning that trophy.

Starting Kane in that condition was unforgivable, especially when they were already carrying a half-fit Winks, and it's bizarre that he didn't pick someone on the left who could have had Alexander-Arnold going backwards.

It certainly didn't feel as though I was watching the two best teams in Europe. Danny Rose was the best player on the pitch.

Hard to see Pochettino not going to a club with far greater resources mate. In spite of the David V Goliath nonsense of Liverpool, their team cost hundreds of millions more than Spurs team last night (about 4 times as much) and pay them double the wages. The gap between the two is probably akin to the gap between Tottenham to the sides in the championship. He has done a remarkable job. I doubt it will be his last serious chance.

The only way to hit back is to win trophies ourselves. That has to be the objective for everyone at Everton. Sadly no one at the club is arsed. Liverpool went out and spent world record fees until they won something. Our board used to give presentations on why 7th was the best we could hope for.

Well I don't want Everton go anywhere near the champions league final. I've been doing my research on here and it looks like it's on par with that trophy we won in thialand.

Hard to see Pochettino not going to a club with far greater resources mate. In spite of the David V Goliath nonsense of Liverpool, their team cost hundreds of millions more than Spurs team last night (about 4 times as much) and pay them double the wages. The gap between the two is probably akin to the gap between Tottenham to the sides in the championship. He has done a remarkable job. I doubt it will be his last serious chance.

The 'remarkable' job he did last night was not starting with Maura who was fully fit and on fire, and playing Winks from the start, who is Spurs version of Tom Davies (a neat little player, but there's no chance of him ever imposing himself in midfield - a lightweight). SHould have had the skillful Lamela on from the start instead of Winks. Add to that for 80 minutes Spurs played out from the abck allowint the RS front three to pres with their midfield three in a further pressing line 10 yards inside the Spurs half. The result was pathetic pedestrian play from Spurs while the RS never lost their shape, just contracted as Spurs eventually advanced. Poch should have changed tactics last night and told Lloris to bypass the RS attack and midfield press and get the ball straight into the RS back four, while Spurs applied the press in that area. Couldn't believe what I was seeing last night for 80 minutes!

I don't think Pochettino was remarkable at all last night. I would describe him as clueless!

The 'remarkable' job he did last night was not starting with Maura who was fully fit and on fire, and playing Winks from the start, who is Spurs version of Tom Davies (a neat little player, but there's no chance of him ever imposing himself in midfield - a lightweight). SHould have had the skillful Lamela on from the start instead of Winks. Add to that for 80 minutes Spurs played out from the abck allowint the RS front three to pres with their midfield three in a further pressing line 10 yards inside the Spurs half. The result was pathetic pedestrian play from Spurs while the RS never lost their shape, just contracted as Spurs eventually advanced. Poch should have changed tactics last night and told Lloris to bypass the RS attack and midfield press and get the ball straight into the RS back four, while Spurs applied the press in that area. Couldn't believe what I was seeing last night for 80 minutes!

I don't think Pochettino was remarkable at all last night. I would describe him as clueless!
Me too mate, he failed miserably when it mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back