Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The constant bullying (Davek)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those calling him a kopite obviously weren't around when he was their chief tormentor on rawk. The constant alterñative views gets tiresome but he has a healthy disregard for the outgoing leadership of the club and keeps people grounded. I have him on ignore though xx
Another foe slain. Another notch on his computer desk. He is the undisputed champion.

..I often wonder if @davek simply likes to play devils advocate. I also wonder if he's been planted by GOT to stimulate discussion. Probably not, but the bloke certainly knows about footy. As I always say, it's fine to disagree but it's not fine to be disagreeable.
I tend to agree with him on most issues - he can defend himself like any other poster - its called debate!

Davek has opinions and people disagree and then he defends those views and then people disagree. Isn't that what debating is all about? He poses many many questions, on many issues that affect our club and that makes people think, and people respond, which surely is a good thing. So what Davek continues to plough what at times seems like a lone furrow, even though most people will still read what is wrote. Some may agree wholeheartedly with what is written, some may partially agree and some don't agree at all. Simple really, if people don't like it don't respond.

..I often wonder if @davek simply likes to play devils advocate. I also wonder if he's been planted by GOT to stimulate discussion. Probably not, but the bloke certainly knows about footy. As I always say, it's fine to disagree but it's not fine to be disagreeable.

Oh Lordy lollollollollollollollol

This is the 2nd thread I've seen dedicated to the man himself, there may have been more.

Give him his due, he stands toe to toe and more often than not has a valid point, although I don't always agree.

He's a big lad he can look after himself.

The kopite shouts are OTT, but he's a relentless wum, how much of the tripe he posts he actually believes and how much is just him fishing I've no idea. In the main I've no real issue with, it just becomes boring when the negativity and obvious agenda behind it starts invading multiple threads.

I accept my defeat, banished to the cyber undergrowth
tumblr_msvvowunFp1qafeu4o1_500.gif

When we are all on a player buying high Davek is needed to keep us all grounded.

Yup.

In more detail......lots are buzzing that we are spending money and are very very happy with Pickford and Klassen and possibly Sandro, however it is not completely unrealistic to imagine a scenario where all three disappoint and the tide of opinion goes massively the other way. Dave might go too far down the negative path but I think he keeps things in check when there are plenty posters who seem to assume great things are about to happen under our boss when his track record doesn't really suggest that they will.

(I am not saying that I think all will fail, just that ok, this is football, and many a spending splurge ends in tears)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back