Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

The constant bullying (Davek)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been times where it is warranted imo.

He take it too far, fighting numerous battles on many fronts, it totally takes over pages and pages of this forum.

He just needs to keep it shut more often than he does, especially as half of his posts are arguing about anything for the sake of it and saying anything to try and win.

Disagreement is the blood of debate and discourse.

Internet forums tend to become echo chambers with groupthink. Dave is our centering force. He makes good points, often causing a bit more introspection on your own argument.

He's awesome to debate if your truly don't care if you 'win' in the sense of winning him to your side. His arguments, while repetitive, often show how looking at a situation through a different lens gives an entirely different perspective. Very rarely is that perspective complete hogwash. Even when I disagree, it remains enlightening.

Frankly I get more irritated at the random potshots at dave when he gets someone overly wound up, or when something new happens counter to his stated opinions. Last season was nuts for this whenever we won.

Don't want him to 'ruin' your forum? Put him on ignore, don't engage him, or learn to lighten up.

Internet forums tend to become echo chambers with groupthink. Dave is our centering force. He makes good points, often causing a bit more introspection on your own argument.

He's awesome to debate if your truly don't care if you 'win' in the sense of winning him to your side. His arguments, while repetitive, often show how looking at a situation through a different lens gives an entirely different perspective. Very rarely is that perspective complete hogwash. Even when I disagree, it remains enlightening.

Frankly I get more irritated at the random potshots at dave when he gets someone overly wound up, or when something new happens counter to his stated opinions. Last season was nuts for this whenever we won.

Don't want him to 'ruin' your forum? Put him on ignore, don't engage him, or learn to lighten up.
The thing is, you're right.

Disagreement is the blood of debate and discourse, but what he does is not debate, it's winding people up. Seeing only 3 words in a whole post that just suit your agenda is not in any way an attempt at debate.

Agreed for the ignore part, but I genuinely don't want to do that - he's a good blue and used to be decent, still is for some topics, but that's the old-Dave just popping up here and there. He's really interesting and *sometimes* answers posts in full, which makes my day, as his point of view is often extreme, but not unjustified (for him and the purpose of debate, etc.).

Are you a masochistic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back