The Cost Of The Mosh Merry Go Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading the forum over the last few months, I have been struck by the flippancy about firing and hiring managers long term and short term.

I wanted to highlight a very realevent impact on Everton and thats the cost, something that is unsustainable and highlights the need to get the next appointment right.

So since the Mosh took over here is the trajectory of the managerial decisions and cost

Martinez sacked contract paid up = 10 mill
Koeman appointed compensation to Southampton = 5mill
Koeman sacked contract paid up = 12 mill

Hypothetically if we go for Dyche that is 2.5 mill in compensation to Burnley.

If we go for Allardyce Crystal Palace receive 2.0 mill in compensation

Essentially it’s the same for anyone give or take unless they are without a club.

Equally a fire fighter will be looking for a 18 month contract and will want the final year paid if we go a different direction in the summer.

My point is wanting to highlight this is that we have or could have heameroged 30-35 million on managers since Mosh took over.

To put that in perspective our net spend this summer was 40 odd million.

This has to have an impact on the clubs general welfare, not good.
Madness isn’t it?

It is a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of the useless recruitment since Moyes left.

We've basically signed Lukaku, and maybe Gueye/Deulofeu/Barry who have represented good value for money in that time.

Signings:
McGeady
McCarthy
Kone
Alcaraz
Galloway
Lukaku
Etoo
Besic
Barry
Deulofeu
Cleverley
Holgate
Funes Mori
Lennon
Tarashaj
Niasse
Stekelenburg
Gueye
Williams
Bolasie
Lookman
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Pickford
Keane
Sandro
Onyekuru
Vlasic
Sigurdsson

Barely a decent signing, let alone hit at all.

Moyes from 03/04 until 08/09
Bent
Kilbane
Martyn
McFadden
Cahill
Beattie
Davies
Kroldrup
Arteta
Nevile
Valente
VDM
Johnson
Lescott
Howard
Jageilka
Baines
Yakubu
Coleman
Pienaar
Saha
Fellaini

Basically about 75% hits.

Recruitment post 09/10 has killed us with the exceptions of Stones and Lukaku.
Moyes signed hopeless trash too....and he was a clueless dinosaur.

We have to spend £50m+ on a new striker and at least one central defender in January to survive now. Not "sell Barkley and buy" - actually buy.

Unfortunately, the con artist named Farhad Moshiri is our owner.

Please think of the effect of holding onto Martinez beyond the well being of the club without deteriorate further down the table with less prize money and worst still, flirting with relegation. That's money too you know?
Sacking Martinez was the right choice no matter how you look at it.

To be fair and I’m not arguing this point on sacking, but a case could be made of look where we are now, regression (via 30mill +)?

Reading the forum over the last few months, I have been struck by the flippancy about firing and hiring managers long term and short term.

I wanted to highlight a very realevent impact on Everton and thats the cost, something that is unsustainable and highlights the need to get the next appointment right.

So since the Mosh took over here is the trajectory of the managerial decisions and cost

Essentially it’s the same for anyone give or take unless they are without a club.

Equally a fire fighter will be looking for a 18 month contract and will want the final year paid if we go a different direction in the summer.

My point is wanting to highlight this is that we have or could have heameroged 30-35 million on managers since Mosh took over.

That's the cost of admission for Farhad to play the game.

If you're scared, say you're scared.

This is a good point. I remember Airhead in his first interview when he said 'I'm here just to hire and fire' which I winced at. Almost like it's a power trip for him. I hope to Christ Bill grabs he controls for the next one or we are heading for he exit

He really wasn't. He kept us top six for ten years, having taken over a club similar to where we are now

I agree. He did a very good job with what he had. Wouldn't take him back as he's not the same manger he was 5 years ago.

I think Dyche is the answer. It's not a glamourous appointment but I think he's the best bet all things considered.

He really wasn't. He kept us top six for ten years, having taken over a club similar to where we are now

He near relegated us too.

Kroldrup, Beattie, Bilyaletdinov, McFadden, Davies....

Everyone remembers the Cahill's, Colemans.

It's nothing unique. Hiring and firing football managers is an expensive business that other clubs have been spending money on for a long time. The long tenure of Moyes just means we've been a little late to the party. Citeh, Chelski, ManUre, Spurs and plenty of other clubs aren't shy about changing things up when all's not well.

Arsenal seem happy as long as the financial return on the owner's investment is good and are maybe a good example of where the often urged for stability and patience is holding a club back. They're now entering a period were possibly their only two genuinely top class players are heading elsewhere due to a lack of ambition and are probably going to be falling back on what is a very ordinary squad compared to any other during Wenger's reign. How does that bottom line look if both Ozil and Sanchez walk on a free?

There is an article somewhere on the Beeb's website where the owners of Watford see the turnover of managers or Head Coaches as part and parcel of the game and concentrate instead on the clubs overall structure so a change of boss doesn't drastically alter the clubs direction. They've often been highlighted as being overly ruthless and a prime example of "Non-football people" who "don't understand the game" but it seems to be working - different managers bring different things and it's a matter of getting the right man at the right time and replacing him before he becomes the wrong man and starts to have a negative effect.

£27M is a pretty paltry sum of money over 2 seasons if you have ambitions of playing with the big boys.

He near relegated us too.

Kroldrup, Beattie, Bilyaletdinov, McFadden, Davies....

Everyone remembers the Cahill's, Colemans.
We got back nearly what we paid for the bums and made tens of millions on the successes, that's why they're remembered

We have to spend £50m+ on a new striker and at least one central defender in January to survive now. Not "sell Barkley and buy" - actually buy.

Unfortunately, the con artist named Farhad Moshiri is our owner.
get real man, what £50 million pound player is going to want to join this circus?

Status
Not open for further replies.