The Cost Of The Mosh Merry Go Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got back nearly what we paid for the bums and made tens of millions on the successes, that's why they're remembered
...but the rubbish one's aren't. That's my point....and there were lots of them. Not just the obvious one's I posted, but the army of full backs he brought in that were mostly tripe...and the £1M-2M punts.

This is a good point. I remember Airhead in his first interview when he said 'I'm here just to hire and fire' which I winced at. Almost like it's a power trip for him. I hope to Christ Bill grabs he controls for the next one or we are heading for he exit
You talking about billy liar? Seriously?? He hired el fraudo and hung on to Moyes for too long. He needs to go asap.

He near relegated us too.

Kroldrup, Beattie, Bilyaletdinov, McFadden, Davies....

Everyone remembers the Cahill's, Colemans.

I listed every signing from the period I said.

As we've seen since he left his hit rate for signings was extraordinarily good.

If the worst you can find in that list are the likes of McFadden (sold for 4x what we paid for him) then I think that says it all.

...but the rubbish one's aren't. That's my point....and there were lots of them. Not just the obvious one's I posted, but the army of full backs he brought in that were mostly tripe...and the £1M-2M punts.
Who cares? He put a good side out and was outstanding on net spend, so he bought a few duds for a few quid. Compare that to now? Golden donkeys we will neve shift, wage structure shattered into a thousand pieces

It is a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of the useless recruitment since Moyes left.

We've basically signed Lukaku, and maybe Gueye/Deulofeu/Barry who have represented good value for money in that time.

Signings:
McGeady
McCarthy
Kone
Alcaraz
Galloway
Lukaku
Etoo
Besic
Barry
Deulofeu
Cleverley
Holgate
Funes Mori
Lennon
Tarashaj
Niasse
Stekelenburg
Gueye
Williams
Bolasie
Lookman
Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Pickford
Keane
Sandro
Onyekuru
Vlasic
Sigurdsson

Barely a decent signing, let alone hit at all.

Moyes from 03/04 until 08/09
Bent
Kilbane
Martyn
McFadden
Cahill
Beattie
Davies
Kroldrup
Arteta
Nevile
Valente
VDM
Johnson
Lescott
Howard
Jageilka
Baines
Yakubu
Coleman
Pienaar
Saha
Fellaini

Basically about 75% hits.

Recruitment post 09/10 has killed us with the exceptions of Stones and Lukaku.

When you have less money available, you tend to be much more selective in how you spend it.

I listed every signing from the period I said.

As we've seen since he left his hit rate for signings was extraordinarily good.

If the worst you can find in that list are the likes of McFadden (sold for 4x what we paid for him) then I think that says it all.
It's not the only ones I could find though.

There are many of them.

Look, Moyes did very well on the £5M type signings. It's a pity he was clueless to make better use of them.

A terrible coach, as his career trajectory down the toilet underlines in spades.

Who cares? He put a good side out and was outstanding on net spend, so he bought a few duds for a few quid. Compare that to now? Golden donkeys we will neve shift, wage structure shattered into a thousand pieces
Oh good God no, I'd never compare these arseholes with anyone favourably.

Unfair that Dave - when you're in the bargain basement then you're pretty much forced to take punts a lot of the time. Take into account as well that he would have been limited in what the club could offer in personal terms and the available market narrow even further.

Ask any fan over the last few seasons what positions we needed to sign and the majority would have given roughly the same answer. The fact is we have recruited in none of the positions that needed strengthening and we have wasted a staggering amount on very ordinary players. It's Baffling.

Unfair that Dave - when you're in the bargain basement then you're pretty much forced to take punts a lot of the time. Take into account as well that he would have been limited in what the club could offer in personal terms and the available market narrow even further.
...as said, he did well with the cash he spent on many deals.

My point though is that obscures the rubbish he bought. @Timak was suggesting he was a magician getting nearly all the signings spot on. He wasn't - nowhere near it.

..and he was a boring and limited manager - now found out and a joke in the game.

...as said, he did well with the cash he spent on many deals.

My point though is that obscures the rubbish he bought. @Timak was suggesting he was a magician getting nearly all the signings spot on. He wasn't - nowhere near it.

..and he was a boring and limited manager - now found out and a joke in the game.

Just like the old days @davek

Can't we just agree Koeman and Bobby were worse :)

Status
Not open for further replies.