The Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem in previous seasons for us was that we had a good defence but there was nobody scoring goals on the other end causing us to have loads of draws and 1-0 wins. These days we score freely, i.e. EFC 6 brann 1 (y)

Also worth remembering that we won without Arteta. It wasn't that long ago that if you took Mikel out of the side we stopped playing. We've progressed so far this season alone.

Yeah, it was pleasing seeing guys like Osman and Pienaar stepping up to the plate in the absence of the Spanish Magician. However I think we could do with a tricky right-winger with a real descent cross and not rely on Arteta's curling crosses so much so that he can be free'd up in the centre of the park where he really belongs...

I think special mention needs to go to hibbert. Thats the second time in 2 games he's had petrov in his back pocket.This lad has been talked about as a top,top winger. An twice now hibbo has made him look ordinery!!

moyes is steadily building a superb squad & whichever XI he selects seem to work so hard for each other as a team & have great collective & individual confidence - it's a great time to be an evertonian. i honestly think we haven't seen better in the royal blue since the departure of kendall Mk I. we just need some silverware now!

yeah. the defense is one of the quickest and strongest in the league. lescott at left back makes us so solid. i read that we have conceeded one goal this year in the league.

infact... the last time an opposing striker scored against us was the 29th of december!

Moyes will find a way to work Baines in eventually. I couldn't be happier with the back 4 (+ Howard) as they are. We don't need to spend a penny there next summer. (We'll spend enough on Pienaar as it is)

Has Gosling not been signed as a right back, maybe he will feature a wee bit more next season.
Who do we go after for right back if Gosling does not break in? cant think of many in the EPL tbh, Onohua? Ryan Taylor? not many more really is there.

with the quality of yobo jagielka & lescott it must be tempting to consider playing the 3 of them across the back, if only we had somebody on the right who could mirror baines on the left in the wing-back role.

moyes is steadily building a superb squad & whichever XI he selects seem to work so hard for each other as a team & have great collective & individual confidence - it's a great time to be an evertonian. i honestly think we haven't seen better in the royal blue since the departure of kendall Mk I. we just need some silverware now!

Spot on mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back