The Defence

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have given up trying to find players as moyes seems to pluck them out of thin air,Before signing Jags I thought he will do to boost the squad wrong hes worth a starting place,I also thought the Yak would not fit in wrong best striker for years .there are few signings that fail and to Daves credit he gets rid as soon as he can unlike a certain Spaniard to proud to admit a bad buy(y)

Right is definatly a weak link in our team. Hibbert and Neville have there strengths but neither are the answer. I agree with others we need a right footed version of Lescott or someone in that mould. Somone with height, who's a good all round fullback defensively and going forward.

The names that spring to mind are Wes Brown and Glen Johnson. Both offer the characteristics we are looking for. Both 6ft plus and both better than what we already have hear. Johnson's having a good season at Portsmouth and Brown has been Man utd's first choice right back all season which shows he is very capable of playing there aswell as offering cover for centre half. Just a thought really.

Right is definatly a weak link in our team. Hibbert and Neville have there strengths but neither are the answer. I agree with others we need a right footed version of Lescott or someone in that mould. Somone with height, who's a good all round fullback defensively and going forward.

The names that spring to mind are Wes Brown and Glen Johnson. Both offer the characteristics we are looking for. Both 6ft plus and both better than what we already have hear. Johnson's having a good season at Portsmouth and Brown has been Man utd's first choice right back all season which shows he is very capable of playing there aswell as offering cover for centre half. Just a thought really.

But Wes Brown's wages might cost up to $50,000 per week. Think hes getting $40,000 at Man U now...

Wes Brown possibly but he'd need to come down with his wage demands, Johnson never, he is a big headed arrogant git, not the the type I would want near my squad

Jagielka has been brilliant since he moved to center back i no of a few people who didnt like him playing there but iam sure they have changed there mind... hes just like a younger stubbs give his all every game... what a cheap player hes turning out to be

Call me crazy but I'd rather have Hibbert than Wes Brown. That isn't much of an upgrade to me.

*let the barrage commence

hes (brown) only being mentioned because he is stalling on a contract, stalling because he wants more money like a few of his contemporaries are already getting. ferguson has dug in, so hes possibly newcastle bound.

Id push jags over too right back with yobo and lescott in the middle and baines at left back, With other clubs sniffing round lescott i dont think he would be too happy being at left back every week he would much rather be at centre back. Am sure moyes has got his own ideas though. in moyes we trust (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back